
Athens Escape: Solon's Luxury City Center Apartment Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Athens Escape: Solon's Luxury City Center Apartment Awaits! This isn't just a hotel review; it's a confession of love (maybe a little obsession) with a place that almost makes you want to chuck your life and become a permanent Athenian.
(Disclaimer: I may or may not have spent a significant amount of time staring at pictures of this place while ignoring my actual responsibilities. Don't judge.)
SEO & Sizzle: What Makes Athens Escape Tick (and Why It Should Tickle Your Fancy)
Let's get the boring bit out of the way first. Yeah, yeah, SEO. We're talking: Athens hotels, luxury apartments Athens, city center accommodation, wheelchair accessible Athens, Wi-Fi Athens, spa hotel Athens, rooftop pool Athens. You get the idea. But that's just the skeleton. The real meat is how this place makes you feel.
Accessibility: The Unsung Hero (and a Tiny Grumble)
Okay, accessibility is important. Athens Escape throws down some serious points here. They boast facilities for disabled guests and have an elevator. That's huge in a city like Athens, with its ancient streets and, let's be honest, a general disregard for modern-day disability access in many places. They also have facilities for disabled guests, which is a huge positive!
BUT (and here’s my tiny grumble)… I need MORE details. Are the rooms truly accessible with wider doorways? Are the bathrooms adapted? More info, people! Give me the nitty-gritty so I can confidently recommend this place to EVERYONE. (Email for the specifics, peeps. Don't just assume!)
Internet: Because We're All Addicted
Alright, the essentials: Free Wi-Fi in ALL ROOMS! Boom. Drop the mic. Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN mean you can binge-watch your shows, answer emails, and pretend you're working while actually dreaming of feta. They KNOW what we want.
Cleanliness, Safety and Covid Concerns: Breathe Easy, Breathe Deep
This is where Athens Escape REALLY shines. They're not just saying they care; they're doing it. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol. The whole nine yards. I'm a bit of a germaphobe (shhh, don’t tell anyone), so this alone already has me sold. They even have room sanitization opt-out available, so you don't feel like you have to sacrifice your personal preferences for their diligence. The devil is in the details here. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, hand sanitizer everywhere… frankly, I feel safer here than I do at my own house!
Things To Do (and Ways to Avoid Doing Them If You Want To):
Here’s the part where the dream gets really, really real. Athens Escape isn't just a place to crash; it's an experience.
- Relaxation Nirvana: Ok, let’s talk about THE SPA. Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom, Massage? YES, PLEASE. The word "body wrap" or "body scrub" is enough to make the tension in my shoulders spontaneously combust. I can only imagine how amazing it would be to have a therapist there. Pool with view, you say? (Is there any other kind of pool?)
- Fitness Freak: A Fitness center and Gym/fitness are also present.
- Pool Time Perfection: Swimming pool and Swimming pool [outdoor] - The pictures are stunning, with what looks like a rooftop pool, which is another reason to stay.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling Your Adventure (or Your Couch Potato Habits)
Okay, food. Another area where Athens Escape kills it. They have Restaurants, a Poolside bar for those evening cocktails, and a Snack bar and Coffee shop.
- Dinner on Demand: Room service [24-hour]? Genius. Because sometimes, you just want to stay in your robe and order a mountain of Greek food. Plus, they have Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, and a Breakfast service that includes both Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, and Asian cuisine in restaurant, international cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant. The whole enchilada!
- The Caffeine Conundrum: I am completely addicted to coffee, so it is very important to me that i can get my coffee anywhere.
Services and Conveniences: Because Life Should Be Easy
This is where Athens Escape really makes you feel pampered. Concierge, doorman, daily housekeeping, laundry service. They've thought of everything. Car park [free of charge] and Valet parking—a huge plus in a city with notoriously chaotic parking.
For the Kids (and the Kid in You):
Family/child friendly, Babysitting service, and Kids meal? Check, check, and check! Athens with kids can be a blast, and Athens Escape seems built for it. This can be super helpful for a family trip.
The Rooms: Where the Magic Happens
Oh, the rooms. Prepare to swoon. They have non-smoking rooms, of course. But the details are what matter. Air conditioning (essential in the Athens heat!), blackout curtains (because sleep is sacred), and all the bells and whistles you expect from a luxury apartment: bathrobes, slippers, a coffee/tea maker, a mini bar, and a safe box.
The Anecdote: Falling (and Possibly Impersonally) in Love - A Tale of the Terrace
Okay, confession time. I’m particularly obsessed with the Terrace. Picture this. Late afternoon, the Acropolis bathed in golden sunlight. You, perched on the terrace of your Solon's Luxury City Center Apartment, a chilled glass of wine in hand (courtesy of the helpful daily housekeeping which always provided fresh water), the city humming below. The feeling of pure bliss.
I’ve literally spent hours just looking at photos of these rooms, imagining the feel of the high-quality linens, the softness of the bathrobes, just breathing the same air as the apartment, as well as feeling the sun on my face. The view is what does it, the terrace – completely breathtaking. I can imagine myself having a business dinner, using the audio-visual equipment for special events.
The Quirky Observation:
Okay, I have a confession. I’m not sure I’m strong enough to get out of the extra long bed. Probably the main reason I didn't book immediately.
The Emotional Reaction:
Ugh, I want to be there right now. The level of thought put into this place is just…wow. Even through the screen, you can feel the sheer luxury of Athens Escape.
Getting Around:
They offer a Airport transfer, taxi service and car park [free of charge] so that you can easily handle all of your transport issues. With all of your options you will surely find a way to accommodate your needs.
The Imperfection: Room for Improvement (Just a Little)
I'd love to see a bit more detail on the rooms' size and layout and more info in the accessibility-specific areas. Also, more pictures of the shrine - I'm inherently curious about a hotel with a shrine.
The Messy Structure, the Rambling (and the Opinionated Language)
So, is Athens Escape: Solon's Luxury City Center Apartment Awaits! perfect? Probably not. Nothing is. But does it come pretty darn close? Absolutely. Is it the kind of place that will make you feel like you're living the Athenian dream? You bet your sweet, sun-kissed skin it is.
The Offer: Book Now and Get Ready to Fall in Love (Seriously)
Okay, let’s cut the fluff. Athens Escape: Solon's Luxury City Center Apartment Awaits! is offering a special deal:
- Book directly through their website and receive a complimentary bottle of local Greek wine upon arrival. (Because you deserve it!)
- Get a free upgrade to a room with a balcony (subject to availability) if you book a stay of 5 nights or more. (Hello, even more views!)
Why You NEED to Book Now:
This isn't just a hotel; it's an experience. It's a chance to escape the ordinary. It's a chance to indulge, to relax, to be pampered, to explore, and to create memories. It's a chance to fall in love with Athens. And let's be honest, you deserve it.
Don’t wait. Go book your stay at Athens Escape: Solon's Luxury City Center Apartment Awaits! Now, before I book it myself!
5-Minute Walk to Bukit Bintang! KL's BEST 6N Condo Awaits!
Athens, You Beautiful, Messy Beast: A Stream-of-Consciousness Itinerary (Solon Deluxe Apartment Edition)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your meticulously planned, Instagram-perfect travel guide. This is my Athens experience, warts and all, from the supposed "luxury" of the Solon Deluxe City Center Apartment (we'll get to that leaky shower head later) to the sheer, overwhelming glory of being here.
Day 1: Arrival & Accidental Acropolis Ascent (Plus, That Darn Shower!)
- 10:00 AM (ish): Arrived! Athens Airport. The chaos. Oh, the glorious, beautiful chaos. Luggage carousel vomit. A taxi driver who looked like he'd just wrestled a bear (and probably had) somehow knew where the Solon was. Bonus points for understanding approximately zero of my attempts at Greek. (My "Efharisto" sounded more like a panicked yelp, I'm sure).
- 11:00 AM: Arrived! Solon Deluxe. "Deluxe," huh? Okay, the location is amazing. Right in the heart of everything. Apartment itself? Clean. Chic. But… the shower. Don't get me started. A pathetic drizzle that barely wets your hair. And the leaky… it must be possessed by some ancient Greek water god. I swear, every time I turn it on, it starts singing a mournful aria of dripping displeasure.
- 12:00 PM (Lunch): Wandered down to a taverna on a side street and ate the best damn souvlaki of my LIFE. Seriously. Juicy. Spicy. Perfect. Little old mama with a permanent scowl on her face – turns out she was the sweetest thing, just a bit…direct. "Eat," she bellowed, thrusting a plate at me. And you know what? I did. I ate. And I loved it.
- 1:00 PM (ish): Accidentally found myself at the foot of the Acropolis. "Oh, look," I said to myself, "a really big hill." Then I looked up. The Parthenon. DAMN. It's even more impressive than the pictures. (And I'm usually immune to historical sites, except for the Colosseum).
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: That "big hill" was steeper than I’d anticipated. Sweating, panting, and muttering about my lack of decent hiking boots. Worth it, though. The view from the top! Absolutely breathtaking. Every angle, every vantage point, just…wow. It’s so old it hurts. I mean, really old. Standing there, looking out at the city sprawling below, felt… humbling. (Also, a bit dizzy from the sun).
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Explored the Acropolis Museum. Okay, okay. I'll admit it. It was fascinating. Those statues! The intricate detailing! But after the climb and all the ancient marbles, frankly, it was a little…overwhelming. My brain needed a break.
- 6:00 PM: Back at the apartment. Time for a shower. Pray for me. (And, yes, the leaky head is still alive and…well, leaking.)
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM (Dinner, attempt # 1 ): Found a "recommended" restaurant. Massive queue. Tourist trap vibes. Fled back to the souvlaki lady. More souvlaki! Different types this time. She even smiled a little, I swear.
- 9:00 PM (ish) - 10:00 PM: Back at Solon, exhausted. Planning tomorrow. Or trying to. Deciding on what to do? Trying to make sense of the city? It’s a blur. My brain is fried. The shower… well, I'll deal with it later.
Day 2: Plaka, Ancient Agoras, and a Lesson in Patience (and Coffee)
- 9:00 AM (ish): Breakfast at a cafe downstairs. Ah, the smell of fresh coffee…pure bliss. The coffee was strong, and the Greek yogurt with honey… heavenly. Attempted (and failed) to order in Greek. The waitress just smiled and brought what I needed. More souvlaki. (No, just kidding…. maybe.)
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Wandering through Plaka. Oh, Plaka. The cutest, most charming, most touristy neighborhood ever. Cobblestone streets, flower-filled balconies, and enough souvenir shops to make your head spin. Tried to buy a genuine "Greek worry bead." Got hopelessly lost. Ended up buying… I don't even know what it is. It has a tiny ceramic cat on it.
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Exploring the ancient Agora. So many ruins! So much history! The Temple of Hephaestus is cool. I really wanted to try to take a picture with a flock of pigeons but it didn't went as planned. (They scattered.)
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Lunch in Plaka. More walking. More people. Starting to feel like a sardine in a can. (A slightly overwhelmed sardine).
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The National Archaeological Museum. Did it. Survived. So. Many. Artefacts. I'm starting to think I need an archaeology degree to fully appreciate it. Took a nap on a bench from sheer exhaustion.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Finding a quiet cafe to regroup and try to plan the rest of the day. Ordered a Greek coffee, which the waiter informed me I would need to "leave the sludge." (More on that later).
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: The café turned into a bar as the sun went down. Eventually, I did some more wandering and made a pit stop at a place with live music.
- 9:00 PM - Bedtime: Back at the apartment. Shower. Same leaky shenanigans. Tried to channel my inner zen master and found myself wanting to destroy the showerhead. Took a deep breath. Survived. Tomorrow… the beach? Maybe. Or maybe just another day of getting gloriously lost.
Day 3: Beach? Maybe. Or Just More Athens… and the Shower, Remains a Mystery.
- 9:00 AM: Woke up. Still here. Shower (see Day 1 & 2: Leaky Saga.)
- 10:00 AM: Found a local market. The noise! The smells! The sheer vibrancy! Buying fresh ingredients for a dinner at the apartment. (Bold plan, considering my cooking skills).
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Attempted to learn how to cook a Greek dish. (More on that later.)
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Thought I'd walk to the beach, but I ended up getting distracted by a street vendor selling… I don't even know what. But it smelled amazing, and I bought one. Ate it while people-watching. One of my favorite things to do.
- 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Home! (I think I have to go to the hardware store to buy a real shower head)
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Eat the dinner I made… it was a disaster.
- 9:00 PM - Bed: Back at Solon. The shower. Okay. I am not going to talk about the shower. Tomorrow, I'm leaving. I will miss this mess.
Final Thoughts (For Now):
Athens is a chaotic, overwhelming, utterly captivating place. It's beautiful and messy and demands your attention at all times. The Solon Deluxe, despite the shower, is the perfect base for exploring. More importantly, the people. The warmth. The raw, unapologetic life of the place is amazing. If you are up for it. In the end, it doesn't matter if the shower heads are not right. I have to go and grab a new showerhead. And then, to explore on my own terms.
This trip is all about embracing the unknown and enjoying the ride. 10/10. Would get lost again. Would attempt Greek again. And, yes… I would probably, actually, have to check out the showerhead.
Until next time, Athens! You'll probably be the death of me, but I'm absolutely loving the journey.
Unbelievable! OYO 93770 Pondom Danu 77: Kendari's BEST Kept Secret!
Athens Escape: Forget the Acropolis, It's All About Solon's Apartment! (Maybe...)
Okay, Seriously, What *Is* This "Solon's Luxury Apartment" Business? Sounds Kinda... Fancy.
Alright, alright, pull yourself together, it *is* fancy. Okay, so picture this: I'd just landed. Exhausted. Greektown smells like... well, it smells like a lot of good things, mostly. I'm dragging my suitcase through the chaos (seriously, those scooter-riding maniacs are a hazard!) and suddenly - BAM! - I'm in this gorgeous, ridiculously posh apartment. Think high ceilings, a balcony overlooking, well, *something* (details escape me at the moment, jet lag!), and a kitchen that would make Gordon Ramsay weep with joy. It's the kind of place where you're hesitant to even touch the furniture, you know? Like, "Is this actual silk? Did I accidentally wander onto a movie set?" But yeah, Solon's is a luxury apartment in the heart of Athens, supposedly. More on "supposedly" later. 😉
Is the Location *Really* as Good as They Say? I Heard Athens Traffic is a Nightmare.
Okay, listen up buttercups, I LOOOVE Athens. Like, seriously head over heels. But, YES, the traffic is a freaking NIGHTMARE. You're dodging buses, scooters, delivery trucks, and possibly the occasional rogue olive cart. But the saving grace? Solon's is *central*. I walked everywhere. Literally. Okay, maybe I took a Metro or two, mostly because my feet were screaming after Day One of exploring. Everything you *think* you want to see (Acropolis, Plaka, the ancient Agora, even that killer gelato place down the street) is within spitting distance. Seriously, best decision I made. Though... one slightly hairy taxi ride to the port left me seriously considering walking the whole way. But the location of Solon's made it all bearable. A HUGE win.
What's the Apartment *Really* Like? Be Honest!
Alright, alright, here's the brutal truth. The pictures? Gorgeous. The real life experience? Mostly lives up to the hype. The photos, yes, are meticulously staged (as they should be). But the space? Seriously impressive. The "kitchen that would make Gordon Ramsay weep" *was* pretty darn awesome, if a little daunting. I mean, where do you even BEGIN with all those gadgets? I mostly ate breakfast there (delicious Greek yogurt, naturally, with a side of existential dread about my inability to cook). The balcony was fantastic! Sipping my morning coffee, watching the city wake up… pure bliss. Okay, BUT... it did have a tiny, *tiny* design flaw. The walk-in shower. Beautiful, spacious, luxurious… and the drain? A mystery. Water EVERYWHERE. I felt like I was running a miniature indoor swimming pool after every wash. Don't know if it was just me, or if the drain needs a bit of a "re-think" but, yeah. A little annoying. Otherwise, stunning.
What Amenities Are Included, Exactly? Anything Extra Cool?
Okay, so you get the usual suspects: Wi-Fi (thank the gods, because navigating Athens without Google Maps is a recipe for epic disaster!), AC (essential, TRUST ME), a fully equipped kitchen (I attempted to make coffee once, which ended up being a disaster), a washing machine (a lifesaver after ALL that walking and sweat!), and a concierge service that felt a bit like having a personal genie. But the *coolest* thing? The little welcome basket. No, it wasn't just a packet of biscuits (though, I'd have been happy with that). It had local goodies: olive oil (amazing!), little pastries (gone in approximately 3.5 seconds), and a bottle of local wine. Talk about a fantastic start! It felt like a proper welcome, not just a transaction. Little touches like that really elevate the experience, you know? Plus, they had Nespresso, which, you know, essential for a caffeine addict like myself.
Is It Family-Friendly?
Hmm. That's a good question. I wouldn't say "child-proofed," but I'd say "family-adaptable." The space is large enough, yes, but the decor felt a bit… precious for toddlers. (I don't have kids, but I was thinking. Imagine the horror of a rogue crayon on that pristine white couch!) The balcony is gorgeous, but you'd probably have to be extra vigilant with little ones. And the steps, those marble steps, are gorgeous but tricky -- I nearly tripped myself carrying groceries. I am not sure if the concierge can arrange cribs and they don't explicitly advertise as "family friendly." So, yeah, do your research. Maybe not for the under-fives, unless you're very, *very* careful. I'd say it's more suited for older kids or teenagers who can appreciate the swankiness of the place.
What About the "Luxury" Part? Is it Actually Luxurious?
Okay, here's where I get *slightly* opinionated. "Luxury" is a loaded word, right? For me, it’s about the details. The quality of the linens—amazing. The comfy bed—yes, finally, a good night's sleep. The fluffy towels—a fluffy hug. High end amenities are what sold it. And the location, well, that was luxury in itself, really. Being able to pop out and get a coffee or stroll around the shops, it was a treat. Is it *over-the-top* luxury with a butler and a private yacht? No. But everything was well-chosen and cared for. Was I being a bit boujee? Maybe. I did feel pampered. I felt more privileged than I have maybe ever felt in my life, and I'm okay with that. So, yes, I'd say it caters to the luxury end of the market but more in a refined way. It's not showy, but it’s definitely a step up from your average apartment rental.
Any Downsides I Should Know About? Be Straight With Me!
Okay, alright, here's the unvarnished truth. Shower drain issue, as mentioned. But really, no significant downsides. Maybe the price? It's not cheap. You're paying for that prime location and the luxurious amenities. (And, let's be honest, the Instagram potential. Guilty!) Also, as I said before, the building's entrance isn't particularly glamorous. (It's in a busy area and, well, you're in Athens, things can get a bit... gritty at times). But, honestly? These are minor gripes. The only *real* downside? Having to leave. Seriously, I almost missed my flight. I wanted to stay forever. The idea of going back to my drab, cramped apartment back home made me want to weep into my Greek salad. So yeah, the main downside is you'll never want to leave. Prepare to be utterly spoiled.
Would You Recommend It?

