
Bangkok Luxury Getaway: Leelawadee Resotel Raminthra Awaits!
Bangkok Luxury Getaway: Leelawadee Resotel Raminthra Awaits! - A Whirlwind Review (and a Confession)
Alright, folks, buckle up. We're diving headfirst into the Leelawadee Resotel Raminthra in Bangkok. And I'm not gonna lie, I went in skeptical. "Luxury," "Getaway," blah blah blah… sounds like every other hotel trying to slap a shiny label on average. But hey, I'm a sucker for trying new things, so here we are. And, spoiler alert… I'm actually kinda impressed.
First things first: Accessibility. Now, I thankfully don't need a fully accessible hotel, but I appreciate a place that gets it. Leelawadee seems to. They have facilities for disabled guests listed, though specifics are a little vague, which is a bummer. Definitely reach out and clarify if that's a must for you. Elevators are a plus.
Okay, let's get to the fun stuff.
The Rooms: Your Oasis (Maybe with a Few Quirks)
My room? Pretty darn good. The air conditioning was a LIFESAVER. I swear, Bangkok humidity is a living, breathing entity. Bonus points for the blackout curtains. Slept like a baby (once I figured out how to work the weird switch for the reading light – took me WAY too long, I'll be honest). Free Wi-Fi (and Wi-Fi [free]) was a given, and the Internet access – wireless was surprisingly snappy. No complaints there.
I also appreciated the little things: Air conditioning, of course, the extra long bed meant I didn't have to curl into a ball, and free bottled water (thank you, hydration gods!). A desk was there, which at least pretended I was working instead of just lounging in my bathrobe (yes, they had bathrobes! Score!).
The Bathroom was… functional. The separate shower/bathtub was nice, though I had some trouble getting the water temperature just right. Not a dealbreaker, but a slight annoyance. And the toiletries were… well, they weren’t the fancy kind, but the hair dryer worked and that's all that mattered.
Safety & Cleanliness: Feeling More Confident Than I Expected
Now, this is where I was really impressed. In the age of… well, everything… safety is paramount. Leelawadee nails it. Seriously. They've got Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, and professional-grade sanitizing services. Plus, they let you opt-out of room sanitization if you're, you know, feeling extra cautious. They even have hand sanitizer everywhere and staff trained in safety protocol. Felt safe. Really, really safe. Made me feel like they actually gave a darn about me.
Beyond the Room: What's Keeping You Busy
Ah, the age-old question: what to do?
- Relaxation Station: Okay, I’m gonna be honest. The spa was calling my name. I had a massage, and, wow. Just… wow. The stress melted away like butter in a Thai summer. There are saunas, steamrooms, and even a foot bath. I didn’t try everything, but the spa was pure bliss.
- Poolside Bliss: The swimming pool [outdoor]… the pool with a view… I spent a LOT of time there. Sipping cocktails from the poolside bar, soaking up the sun. Just be warned: it's easy to lose track of time and end up with a serious tan.
- Fitness Fanatics, Rejoice! There's a fitness center for the über-motivated. I took a quick peek. Looked legit. I, however, chose the aforementioned sunbathing. No judgment.
Food & Drink: A Culinary Adventure (or Just a Snack)
Okay, let’s talk food. This is where it got a little… complicated.
- Breakfast Bonanza: The breakfast [buffet] was… overwhelming. In a good way! Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, you name it. Coffee/tea flowed freely, and there were enough pastries to send a small army into a sugar coma. But… and this is a small "but"… it could get crowded. Patience is key. If not, go breakfast in room.
- Restaurants Galore: Leelawadee has several restaurants. I sampled the Asian cuisine in the restaurant! The desserts were divine. The Salad in restaurant. The Soup in restaurant. All good.
- Snacks and Sips: The bar was a great spot for a pre-dinner cocktail, and the coffee shop was perfect for a caffeine fix.
Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
They offer 24-hour service, luggage storage, and daily housekeeping, so don't worry. The concierge, however, was a lifesaver, helping me with taxis, recommendations, etc. The cash withdrawal and currency exchange were convenient.
Accessibility Specifics
As I said, while the website mentions they have facilities for disabled guests, I want to provide a more specific list:
- Accessibility to Rooms: This is listed, but not with specifics. I recommend calling to confirm.
- Accessibility to Restaurants: The on-site accessible restaurants / lounges is listed, but I don't have specific details on what makes them accessible. Call to ensure.
- Wheelchair Accessibility: I recommend calling to discuss the specifics.
Things I Loved (and a Few Gripes)
- Loved: The genuinely welcoming staff. The spa. The pool. The feeling of relative safety. The location.
- Gripes: The lack of specific accessibility details. The sometimes-crowded breakfast. The slightly confusing room light switch.
The Verdict and an Irresistible Offer:
Look, Leelawadee isn't perfect. It’s not my personal, perfectly crafted hotel dream. But, for the price, the location, and the overall vibe, it's a winner. If you're looking for a luxurious, relaxing escape in Bangkok, I highly recommend it.
Here's My Special Offer:
Book your Leelawadee Luxury Getaway within the next [Number] days and receive:
- A complimentary spa treatment
- A voucher for a free cocktail at the poolside bar.
- A guaranteed room upgrade (based on availability).
- 10% Discount
Use code "BANGKOKBLISS" when booking.
Why book now? Simple. Because Bangkok. Because Leelawadee. Because you deserve it!
(P.S. If you see me there, buy me a cocktail. I'll be the one by the pool, nursing my tan and thinking about that incredible massage!)
Hanoi's Hidden Gem: Mehomestay - Your Dream Vietnamese Escape
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into the glorious, slightly chaotic, and utterly unpredictable world of… my stay at the Leelawadee Resotel Raminthra 23 in Bangkok. Prepare for a rollercoaster, because honestly, that pretty much sums up my travel style.
Day 1: Arrival & First Impressions (and Jet Lag Hangovers)
- Morning (6:00 AM…ish): Oh, joy. Flight landed. My brain feels like it’s been gently scrambled by a grumpy chef. Bangkok humidity hits you like a warm, wet blanket. Immediately I wish I'd packed like a sensible person instead of a fashion-obsessed squirrel. My luggage, after a brief but significant dance battle with the conveyor belt (which it lost), finally emerges. Success! Now, the taxi hunt begins. This early? Forget it. Negotiate…or just give in and pay the tourist tax. I opt for the latter. Air conditioning is my friend.
- Breakfast: Around 8:00 AM: Arrived at Leelawadee. The lobby is all polished wood and smiling faces. Check-in is smooth, thankfully. Maybe this won't be a total disaster. The room? It's…fine. Clean. AC blasting. Perfect. The balcony overlooks… something. I can’t quite place it yet, but I'm too busy falling face-first onto the bed to care. Order room service. Pad Thai. So. Much. Pad Thai. Eat it while semi-conscious.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM…ish): Wake up, disoriented. The room feels like a cool, dark cave. Jet lag is a beast. Decide to be ambitious and venture out. Struggle with traffic. Take the wrong bus. Embrace the chaos. Basically, wandering around aimlessly until I stumbled upon a small street food stall. The aroma was intoxicating. The food? Spicy. Delicious. Tears of joy (and chilli) streaming down my face.
- Evening: Dinner at whatever restaurant is closest to the hotel. The food is… well, it’s food. Good, filling, and I’m pretty sure I just accidentally ordered a plate of something that’s… moving. (Don't ask). Return to the hotel. Collapse into bed. The only coherent thought: Thailand. I like you. You're weird, but I like you.
Day 2: Temple Treasures and Tuk-Tuk Troubles
- Morning (8:00 AM): Actually woke up feeling somewhat human, thanks to the constant AC. The sun's hot eye stares upon all mortal beings. Today: Temples! Decide to go to Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn). First, an overpriced taxi ride. Then, a boat ride across the Chao Phraya River. The temple… AMAZING. The sheer scale, the intricate detail… absolutely breathtaking. Took a million photos, most of which will probably be blurry.
- Lunch (1:00 PM): Street food again. Can't resist. Found a noodle soup vendor. The broth was bursting with flavor. Ordered seconds. Thirds, even. My stomach is now a happy, slightly protesting, little ball.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Tuk-Tuk time! (This is where things get interesting…). Negotiated (badly) for a ride to Wat Pho (Reclining Buddha). The Tuk-Tuk driver? A character. He wove through traffic like a deranged spider, narrowly avoiding collisions with everything and anything. The air was filled with the blare of car horns and our driver's constant chatter. It was exhilarating… and terrifying. Arrived at Wat Pho slightly shaken but in one piece. Wat Pho itself was incredible. The Reclining Buddha is HUGE. Spend a good hour wandering, soaking in the atmosphere. Contemplating the meaning of life (or, you know, just trying not to get trampled by the crowds).
- Evening (7:00 PM): Exhausted. Decide to go to the hotel for a simple dinner. The food there is okay, but my heart is set on street food. I find a street vendor where I order some skewers. The grilled meat is heavenly. The vendor laughs at me because I'm too "shy" to eat using my hands but then kindly gives me a fork. Back to the hotel for sleep.
Day 3: Shopping, Sweltering Heat, and Street Food Nirvana
- Morning (9:00 AM): Oops. Slept in. Blame the jet lag (and the lingering effects of yesterday's spicy noodles). Today is shopping day! Head to the Chatuchak Weekend Market. Which, by the way, is MASSIVE. Got completely lost. Bought a ridiculous amount of things I probably don't need. Bargaining is an art form. I am apparently a terrible artist.
- Lunch (1:00 PM): More street food! Found a hidden gem specializing in mango sticky rice. I am in dessert heaven. Mangoes, sticky rice, coconut milk… what a combination!
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): The heat is brutal. Seek refuge in a ridiculously air-conditioned mall and buy a new outfit I don't need.
- Evening (6:00 PM): By this time, I am completely street-food-obsessed. I've made it my mission to try every single thing that looks even remotely appealing. Tonight, it was… well, let’s just say I’d never seen anything similar. (And I'm still not entirely certain WHAT it was). It was tasty though! I sit at the table, smiling like a maniac in the Bangkok twilight. The sheer variety, the energy, the smells… It's just…perfect.
Day 4: Spa Day and Farewell Feels
- Morning (10:00 AM): Spa day! The Leelawadee has a spa. It's lovely. Had a traditional Thai massage. My muscles still tense from all the walking and shopping, got kneaded into jelly. Bliss.
- Lunch (1:00 PM): Back to the street food! This time I went looking for Tom Yum soup. Found a place that made some with the most amazing seafood! And I ordered more. And more.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Pack. Sigh. The inevitable end looms. Spend the afternoon wandering around the hotel and the nearby streets one last time. Try to soak up every last ounce of Bangkok life.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Final dinner. Try to find a restaurant, but it's just impossible. I have to try the street food one last time! I head to my favorite vendor, order some of my favorite skewers. Savor every bite. This trip was amazing.
- Night (9:00 PM): Back to the hotel. Lay in bed, feeling full and content.
Day 5: The Long Road Home
- Morning (5:00 AM): Wake up. The pre-flight blues are creeping in. Check out with a smile. Head to the airport. Board the plane. Say a teary goodbye to Bangkok.
Quirky Observations & Imperfections:
- I have a permanent smudge of chilli paste on my favorite t-shirt.
- I am pretty sure I've walked past the same tiny alleyway at least five times.
- I've developed a slight addiction to Singha beer (and I'm not even a beer person!).
- My attempts at speaking Thai are hilarious (to everyone but me).
- I keep accidentally saying "thank you" to the tuk-tuk drivers, even when they haven't done anything helpful.
Emotional Reactions:
- Joy: The vibrant colours, the sheer sensory overload of Bangkok. The taste of street food.
- Frustration: The traffic. The heat. Getting absolutely lost.
- Amazement: The temples. The sheer energy of the city. The kindness of the people.
- Sadness: Knowing I have to leave.
- Anticipation: Planning the next trip.
Messy Structure & Stream of Consciousness Rambles:
Okay, look, I'm not going to pretend this was a perfectly planned, meticulously executed trip. It was a glorious, chaotic, and utterly unpredictable experience. It felt like I spent most of my time wandering around, getting slightly lost, eating everything in sight, and trying to decipher the enigmatic smiles of the local people. But that's the beauty of it. It’s not about perfectly ticking off the sights on a list. It's about getting lost in the moment, embracing the chaos, and letting the city wash over you.
Opinionated Language:
Bangkok is a place you MUST visit! The food is better than anything you can get at home. The temples make your jaw drop. The tuk-tuk rides are exhilarating (and maybe a little bit terrifying). Just go. Now. Seriously. What are you waiting for?
Final Thoughts:
Would I go back to the Leelawadee Resotel Raminthra 23? Sure! It was clean, comfortable, and a welcome haven from the chaos. But to be honest, the hotel was just a base. The real magic of this trip was out there, in the bustling streets, the bustling markets, and the ever-present aroma
Luxury 4BHK Lonavala Bungalow: Your Dream Escape Awaits (Rs 1000/night)!
Bangkok Bliss: Leelawadee Resotel Raminthra - Your Burning Questions (and My Honest Answers)
Okay, spill the tea. Is the Leelawadee Resotel Raminthra REALLY as luxurious as the Instagram photos suggest?
Ugh, the photos, right? They're so… pristine. Okay, here's the deal. Yes, it's *pretty* darn luxurious. Remember, this is Bangkok. So, expectations need adjusting: think "modern Thai with a touch of opulence," not "Versailles on the Chao Phraya." However, the rooms? Spacious. The beds? Like sleeping on a cloud that’s been infused with the scent of jasmine (or maybe that was just me!). And the *bathrooms*… let me tell you about the bathroom! Seriously, I took approximately 30 selfies in there, just basked in the glory of that giant soaking tub. Honestly, the reality is *almost* better because the pictures sometimes only show you the surface. You don't get the hushed whispers of the staff, the faint clink of ice in your welcome cocktail, the way the breeze feels on your skin while you’re eating breakfast. It's all there. Just… manage your expectations, alright? Otherwise, you'll be walking around expecting actual gold-plated faucets. And let me tell you, you won't find that anywhere! Bangkok isn't that kind of luxury.
Speaking of Instagram, are the swimming pools photogenic? Because, you know… priorities.
Photogenic? Honey, they're practically *begging* to be Instagrammed! Seriously. There’s *one* I remember, infinity edge. And just picturing it, oh man, that water! I could actually *see* the reflection of the sky dancing in the sun. The other areas where just really, really, really nice too. Perfect for lounging around, pretending you're a celebrity escaping the paparazzi. Let's be real, we all do that on vacation, right? And the staff were always coming around, ready to bring you a fresh towel, a fruit platter, a cocktail (or, let’s be honest, a *few* cocktails). And the *lighting*… oh, the lighting. It just hit at the right angles, casting this absolutely gorgeous hue on everything. I spent way too much time trying to get the perfect shot, of course. Don't judge me! It’s the travel blogger life, you know?
What about the location? Is it convenient for exploring Bangkok?
Okay, this is where things get a *little* complex. The Raminthra area isn’t right smack-dab in the middle of the tourist mayhem. It's a bit further out, which, honestly, is a *huge* plus. It's quieter, more of a local vibe. But it *is* a bit of a trek to the main attractions. You’ll need taxis, Grab (which is super easy and cheap in Bangkok, by the way), or maybe even the BTS Skytrain. Depends on what you wanna do. Sometimes traffic can be a total nightmare, especially during peak hours. I found myself getting slightly (okay, *very*) frustrated by the traffic at one point. My advice? Build in extra travel time. And embrace the chaos! After all, that’s part of the Bangkok experience. Although, for some reason, I was never able to embrace the traffic!
Let's talk about food. Are the hotel restaurants any good? And more importantly, are there nearby street food options?
The hotel restaurants? Fine. Good, even. But let's be real, the *real* food adventure in Bangkok is on the streets! The hotel food was convenient. I went there a couple of times when I was feeling lazy or just needed a quick fix. But nothing compares to the street food. I swear, my stomach got a whole new personality there! Seriously, pad thai from a tiny cart with a steaming wok? Unbeatable. Spicy green papaya salad with the crunchiest peanuts? Heavenly. The hotel offers some really nice breakfast spreads, which is nice. I love a good buffet, but I often skipped hotel breakfast for the street food. It's cheap, it’s authentic, it’s an explosion of flavors that will leave you craving more. Just be cautious about what you eat (look for busy stalls, fresh ingredients, and a healthy dose of optimism, I always say!).
I'm worried about the heat. Is this place set up well to handle the heat?
Oh, the heat. Bangkok, you sneaky little devil! It's hot. REALLY hot. And humid. Like, you-walk-outside-and-immediately-start-sweating-from-places-you-didn't-know-could-sweat hot. But the hotel is very well prepared. The rooms? Excellent air conditioning. Bliss. The hotel provided cool refreshment towels at the pool, and the staff will bring you water. And if you were ever in the heat, there was always a spot to cool down. The constant aircon in the hotel was a godsend. Trust me, you'll appreciate it.
Spa time? Is it any good? Do I need to book WAY in advance?
Oh, the spa! YES. Absolutely. Go. Book it. Treat yourself. I'm not even a huge spa person. But on a whim, one afternoon, after a particularly hectic morning of temple-hopping and shopping, I booked a massage. And… woah. It was one of the best massages of my *life*. Deep tissue, to rub out all the knots. Beautiful, calming atmosphere. The rooms smelled of lemongrass and something exotic I couldn’t quite put my finger on. The masseuse was just *amazing*. I wanted to stay there all day, and I almost did!
What's the absolute *best* thing about staying at Leelawadee Resotel Raminthra?
Honestly? The little things. The genuine smiles from the staff, the way they remembered your name, the impeccable service. The feeling of being away from the crazy Bangkok hustle. The fact that you could just be… *still* for a while. (That's a big deal, trust me.) One day, for example, I was just sitting by the pool, nursing a cocktail, and the sun was going down, painting the sky in these gorgeous hues of orange and purple. And I thought, "This is it. This is what it's all about." That feeling? That's worth the price of admission.
Okay, what’s the *worst* thing? Be honest.
The distance! If you’re all about being in the thick of the action, the Leelawadee Resotel Raminthra is not your place. You need a bit more time and planning. It is a little out of the way, which as I keep saying, is a huge plus in many respects. The traffic can, at times, beRest Nest Hotels

