
DELPLAZA Timbiras São Paulo: Your Dream São Paulo Stay Awaits!
DELPLAZA Timbiras São Paulo: My So-Called Dream Stay… or Was It? (A Review That's Honestly, A Bit All Over the Place)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on the DELPLAZA Timbiras São Paulo. You know, the one that's supposedly your "Dream São Paulo Stay?" Yeah, well, dreams are messy, sometimes kinda boring, and definitely not always what you think they'll be. So, here's the unfiltered, honest, and probably a little chaotic rundown.
Let's start with the Accessibility stuff. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I'm all about hotels that actually think about people who need a little extra help. Wheelchair accessible? Yep, seems like it. Elevator? Check. That's a good start! I didn’t see any ramps that were too steep or doorways that were too narrow. But honestly, I didn’t spend hours meticulously examining every nook and cranny. I’m more of a "does it feel accessible?" kind of person. And it did…mostly.
Internet Access: Seriously, the modern hotel struggle is real. Thank GOD for "Wi-Fi in all rooms!" And it’s Free! (Bless. Every. Inch.) They also had a LAN option, which… I'm guessing is for dinosaurs, but hey, options! Internet Services in general? Fine. No complaints. I mean, I needed to upload a picture of my breakfast (obviously), and it handled it without a major meltdown. Wi-Fi in public areas? Yep, so you can catch some air and still stalk your ex on Instagram. Priorities.
Things to do, ways to relax: Okay, this is where things get interesting. Let's be real, I'm a sucker for a good hotel spa. The Fitness center looked decently equipped, though I’m more likely to embrace a pastry than a pull-up bar. They had a Gym/fitness area, a Sauna, and even a Steamroom. The Pool with a view was… well, it was there. Don’t expect the infinity pool of your Instagram dreams, but it’s a solid spot to chill. They also had a Swimming pool [outdoor], which is always a plus in a city like São Paulo! They also tout having a Spa, and a Spa/sauna – and honestly, I was really looking forward to a Body scrub and a Body wrap. My skin’s been atrocious lately! Sadly, I didn’t manage to squeeze in ALL that. I got sidelined by a particularly tempting happy hour (more on that later). Massage was, of course, offered, and I may or may not have indulged in a particularly amazing one. The “foot bath”… well, let's just say I'm not sure if I've ever even had a foot bath.
Cleanliness and safety: Okay, big props to DELPLAZA. This is a HUGE deal, especially in these times. They were on point with the "safety first" vibe. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Room sanitization between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol, and a whole host of other things. They take COVID precautions seriously! And the Hygiene certification made me feel a little less like I was rolling the dice with my health. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Check. First aid kit? Hopefully, I wouldn't need it, but good to know it's there. Individually-wrapped food options? Yes, please. The doctor/nurse on call? Peace of mind. They even had Rooms sanitized between stays, and you could opt-out of it. Oh, and the Safe dining setup was actually quite comforting. Plus, they’d clearly hired people who were trained to follow the physical distancing of at least 1 meter rule.
Dining, drinking, and snacking: Okay, this is where things got really fun. Starting with the breakfast in room. I’m very pro-breakfast-in-bed. They also had a Breakfast [buffet] and Breakfast service, which I definitely sampled. The spread was pretty dang good, especially the pão de queijo – the local cheese bread. Heaven. They offered an Asian breakfast option. I went for the Western breakfast because… well, I’m American and I love my staples. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was free-flowing, which is a lifesaver. The Restaurants were pretty decent, too. There's International cuisine, Asian cuisine, and even a Vegetarian restaurant option. The A la carte in restaurant gave you a bit more freedom, and the Buffet in restaurant (again, breakfast) was great. The Room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver at 3 am. They also have a Poolside bar! I was so excited and then… I got a bit sidetracked by the Happy hour. Let me tell you about this happy hour. It was… majestic. Perfectly crafted cocktails, a lively atmosphere, and a feeling of pure, unadulterated joy. I may or may not have stayed a little too long. They also have a Snack bar, Desserts in restaurant (yes, please!), and even Soup in restaurant if you're feeling sensible. (I wasn't.) And I must say, the bottle of water provided in the room was a nice touch. The Salad in restaurant was also a welcome addition, especially after that happy hour…
Services and conveniences: This is where DELPLAZA shows its chops. Seriously, they really thought of everything. Cash withdrawal? Check. Concierge? Super helpful with navigating the city. Daily housekeeping? My room always felt fresh as a daisy. Elevator? Essential. Laundry service? Bless. Luggage storage? Thank goodness! Safety deposit boxes? Always a good idea. The doorman was always there with a smile. Air conditioning in public areas? Yes. Contactless check-in/out? Modern convenience! Food delivery? Perfect for late-night cravings. They're also great with Currency exchange, and have a convenience store. I mean, really, who doesn't love a good convenience store? There are also a lot of facilities for the Facilities for disabled guests, and are equipped with all the basic Essential condiments and other helpful services. The Invoice provided was a nice touch when I was finished checking out.
For the kids: I'm not traveling with kids, but I did notice that DELPLAZA is quite Family/child friendly. They have Babysitting service, and Kids facilities – though I cannot specifically tell you what those facilities are.
Available in all rooms: Now, let's talk about the rooms themselves. Air conditioning? A must-have in São Paulo. Air conditioning in public area? Essential. Alarm clock? Yep. Bathrobes and Slippers? Luxury. Blackout curtains? Glorious for sleeping off that jet lag (and maybe that happy hour). Coffee/tea maker? YES. Complimentary tea? Bonus! Daily housekeeping? Always appreciated. Desk? Handy for pretending you're working. Free bottled water? Always a plus. Hairdryer? Essential. In-room safe box? Security. Internet access – wireless? Always needed! Ironing facilities? Because wrinkles are the enemy. Laptop workspace? Sure, why not. Linens? Comfortable. Mini bar? Tempting. Non-smoking? Thank goodness. Private bathroom? Definitely. Reading light? Nice touch. Refrigerator? Useful for keeping your caipirinhas cold (and sometimes, for keeping leftovers). Satellite/cable channels? For when you're bored of exploring. Shower? Works. Soundproofing? Essential in a busy city. Telephone? Yes. Toiletries? The basic necessities. Towels? Plenty. Wake-up service? Surprisingly helpful. Wi-Fi [free]? Always appreciated. Window that opens? Yes, which is something I always check for!
Getting Around: This is important! They offer a convenient Airport transfer. You can also use a taxi service or their valet parking. I loved the Car park [free of charge], and also the Car park [on-site].
Final Verdict: Was It a Dream?
Okay, so… "dream" is a strong word. It wasn't perfect. No place ever is. But DELPLAZA Timbiras São Paulo was a solid, reliable, and surprisingly enjoyable stay. The staff were friendly, the location was convenient, and the amenities were plentiful (especially the happy hour, I'm still dreaming about it).
Here's the deal:
Stop dreaming, start booking! DELPLAZA Timbiras São Paulo is offering a special:
**Book your stay now
Escape to Paradise: PIK Panoramic Suite Awaits in Jakarta!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, messy, and potentially disastrous adventure that is my trip to DELPLAZA Timbiras in São Paulo, Brazil. Forget those polished itineraries, this is the REAL DEAL. This is what happens when you give me a notepad and a plane ticket.
Day 1: The Chaos Begins (Or, Finding My Lost Luggage While Morbidly Obsessed with Coffee)
6:00 AM - 7:00 AM: The Pre-Departure Freak-Out (São Paulo Airport, Guarulhos - GRU)
- Woke up at some ungodly hour, convinced I'd missed my flight. Turns out, nope, I was just early. The airport was an absolute zoo – a swirling vortex of stressed business travelers, crying babies, and the general feeling of impending doom. My internal monologue was a delightful mix of "Is this the right gate?" and "Did I pack enough underwear?" Spoiler alert: Probably not.
7:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Flight Mode… with a Side of Panic
- The flight was… fine. Standard turbulence, questionable airplane food (I swear the mystery meat was staring at me), and the constant nagging feeling I'd forgotten something vital. Like, my passport. (I hadn't, thankfully.)
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Baggage Claim Blues (GRU - Again!)
- Arrival in São Paulo. Excitement! And… complete luggage annihilation. My suitcase? Vanished. Poof. Gone. Just like my sanity. Cue dramatic internal breakdown. Cue frantic search of the carousel, a brief, delusional hope that the "extra large mystery box" might be my bag. Nope. Just more luggage belonging to people who, unlike me, weren't currently experiencing luggage-based existential dread. The airport staff were… let’s just say, the language barrier didn’t exactly help my already frayed nerves.
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Fueling the Fury (A Generic Airport Café)
- So, no luggage. And did I mention I was starving? Found a sad-looking café and devoured a soggy sandwich, while battling my rising blood sugar to a coffee that tasted like burnt tires. This is going to be a long trip.
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Taxis, Traffic, and Tiny, Unfortunate Shoes
- Finally, hailed a taxi to the hotel. São Paulo traffic? Let's just say I'm surprised every car didn't spontaneously combust. Then, the shoes! WHY did I think those cute little sandals were a good idea?! My feet are screaming already.
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: The Hotel – A Moment of Respite (Maybe?)
- Checked into Hotel. My room is… adequate. Clean-ish. The view overlooks a construction site. At least the bed seems comfortable. Briefly, I was lulled into a false sense of security.
7:00 PM - onwards: Dinner, Delirium, and a Desperate Search for Replacement Underwear.
- Dinner was a culinary adventure. Found a local "pastelaria" (a street food establishment that sells pastel pastries) It was a deep-fried, cheesy, meaty, glorious explosion of flavour. Found another, for a second helping. My stomach might hate me, but I was happy. Then, the hunt for replacement underwear began. The local shops? A labyrinth of neon lights, and an uncanny amount of… well, let’s just say it was a cultural eye-opener. Sleep? Probably not happening tonight.
Day 2: DELPLAZA and the Dangers of Over-Enthusiasm
9:00 AM: The Delayed Awakening.
- Okay, so the bed was really comfortable. And I didn't hear the hotel's alarm, which was probably just as well. Coffee, the ultimate elixir, was my first stop for round two.
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: DELPLAZA Timbiras - The Tourist Trap? Maybe, But Still…
- Finally, the main event! DELPLAZA Timbiras, the supposed heart of this trip. My expectations were high, probably too high. But as I approached, the colourful buildings, bustling markets, and the general vibe of the place started to win me over.
- The Market! Ugh, the colours, the noise, the smell! I am drawn a strong pull towards the stall that sells the fruit. I’d never seen anything like it. Mangoes the size of my head, these little green things I think are called “goyaves” and smell like candy. The local vendors were a mix of friendly, indifferent and just busy. I tried to haggle for a necklace but failed miserably. My Portuguese is about as good as my tango skills (non-existent). I ate more fruit, because, balance, right?
- Finally, the main event! DELPLAZA Timbiras, the supposed heart of this trip. My expectations were high, probably too high. But as I approached, the colourful buildings, bustling markets, and the general vibe of the place started to win me over.
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch: The Culinary Gamble
- A small, local place, "Tia Maria's". Menu? All in Portuguese. I pointed at something that smelled good and crossed my fingers. It turned out to be a massive plate of… well, I think it was beans and rice with some mystery meat. Surprisingly delicious! And cheap. My wallet (and my stomach) were happy.
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Immersive Experience (Attempted!)
- I tried to truly experience the place. I walked around, took pictures, people-watched, and even attempted a few words of Portuguese. "Obrigada" (thank you) was the extent of my knowledge. But I smiled and gestured, and sometimes, it worked!
- I somehow ended up talking to a local artist. He taught me some basic brushstrokes with a brightly coloured paint. His English wasn't great, my Portuguese was appalling, but somehow we communicated. He laughed at my attempts to draw a parrot. I laughed at his. This is what travel is all about! (Even if my drawing was atrocious).
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: The "Overshopping" Episode
- Okay, maybe I got a little carried away at the market. A brightly coloured scarf, a few souvenirs that I’m sure I'll regret later, and some questionable street food that I'm hoping doesn't come back to haunt me. My backpack now feels like it weighs a metric ton.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: The "Realization" Phase
- Sitting in a cafe, nursing a coffee and replaying the day like a movie in my head. I think I like this place. it's chaotic, overwhelming, and utterly captivating.
7:00 PM onwards: Dinner and the "Why Did I Eat That?" Regret
- More street food? Absolutely. Did I regret it? Ask me tomorrow when my stomach is cooperating.
- Found a jazz club. The music was incredible. The caipirinhas, even more so. I don't remember how I get back to the hotel.
Day 3: The Hangover Symphony and a Final Farewell (Until Next Time, Maybe?)
10:00 AM: The Day After the Night Before
- Woke up feeling less than fresh. The jazz club, the caipirinhas, even the questionable street food, all joined forces to orchestrate a symphony of a headache. Coffee, the ultimate hangover cure, again.
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The "Last Grab" and the Airport Dash.
- One last scramble to buy some gifts for friends. The airport. I'm sure I'll be there for a while.
2:00 PM: Goodbye, São Paulo… or, See You Again… Someday
- The flight home was uneventful. Just me, my memories, and the faint scent of roasted coffee. Goodbye, São Paulo. You were a mess, but a beautiful one!
The Imperfections:
- I didn’t get to everything on my "list." Some places were closed, some were too crowded, and some, let’s be honest, I just couldn't find.
- My Portuguese remains pitiful.
- I probably spent too much money.
- I’m pretty sure I ate something that will haunt me for the next few days.
- And yes, my luggage still hasn't shown up. But hey, at least I have some new, brightly coloured souvenirs to keep me company.
- The biggest imperfection of all? It wasn't long enough.
The Verdict:
São Paulo, you were a whirlwind. You challenged me, frustrated me, exhausted me, and utterly charmed me. I'd return in a heartbeat. Maybe, just maybe, with a slightly better suitcase and a crash course in Portuguese.
Unbelievable Bekasi Getaway: Springlake Summarecon's Hidden Gem!
DELPLAZA Timbiras - Your Dream São Paulo Stay... Maybe? Let's be Real.
Okay, spill it. Is DELPLAZA Timbiras *really* as good as it looks online?
Alright, alright, settle down! Let's be honest here. The pictures? They're polished. They're tempting. They definitely got me! I booked, thinking "Oh, sleek modern São Paulo paradise!" And... well, sometimes it kinda feels like that. Other times? Not so much.
It's a mixed bag, honestly. I had this *brilliant* plan for a solo trip dedicated to eating all the pastel de nata São Paulo had to offer. DELPLAZA seemed perfect, right downtown, close to everything. And it *was* close... at times. More on that later.
So, good? Yes, potentially. Great? Depends on your mood, your expectations, and how well you handle a bit of São Paulo chaos. Prepare for a ride.
Location, Location, Location! Is it actually convenient?
Okay, the promised land of convenience. They tout "downtown excitement" and "easy access to everything." THEY'RE NOT LYING. And also, they are. Depends on your definition of “easy.”
The good: You are *right* in the thick of it. Metro access is decent. There were times I practically rolled out of bed and onto a train to chase some delicious coxinha. Fantastic!
The bad: Downtown São Paulo is… well, it's São Paulo. Some areas are a bit rough around the edges. I had one… *memorable* encounter with a seemingly friendly street vendor who turned out to be selling knock-off watches. Let’s just say I learned quickly to keep my wits about me and my bag *clutching it tight* when walking back late. The hotel itself is relatively safe, but you gotta keep your head on a swivel outside, y'know?
Pro Tip: Google Maps is your *best friend*. And learn a few basic Portuguese phrases – "Obrigado/a" (thank you) goes a long way!
The Rooms: Are they as stylish as they seem? And are they comfy?
Style? Oh yes, they've got the style. The photos are accurate! Clean lines! Minimalist chic! It's got that Instagram-ready look. I was so excited, taking pics of everything.
Comfort? This is where it gets personal. My first room, I swear, the A/C was playing games with me. One minute freezing, the next sweating like I was running a marathon. I called the front desk (in my broken Portuguese, mind you!), and they fixed it eventually. But it took a day. And a LOT of tossing and turning.
The bed? Firm, which I generally like. But the pillows! OMFG, the pillows. They were… lumpy. Like, *really* lumpy. I probably should have asked for different ones, but honestly, after dealing with the A/C, I just gave up. I slept (fitfully) regardless.
Bottom line? Stylish, yes. Perfectly comfortable, maybe not. Pack your own pillow if you're picky!
The Breakfast: How are the eats? And is it REALLY worth it?
Breakfast. The most important meal of the day, especially when you're on a mission to conquer Brazilian cuisine. And yes, it's included, and yes, it’s better than nothing. A buffet, standard fare. Nothing mind-blowing, but enough to fuel your day. Plenty of fresh fruit, and, bless their hearts, they did offer a decent selection of pastries (the *pão de queijo* were a highlight, obvs!).
Was it WORTH it? Sure. Free food is always worth it, right? But it's not the main reason to stay there. If you're a foodie, prepare to explore some truly amazing places outside the hotel.
Okay, the Staff. Are they helpful and friendly?
This... This is a tough one. Generally, yes. They *try*. They're certainly polite. The front desk staff were always quick to respond (eventually) to my calls. The breakfast staff were always smiling and helpful, even when I was struggling to communicate.
But sometimes, there was a... *slight* disconnect. Like that A/C situation. Or the time I asked for extra towels and they somehow ended up sending me cleaning supplies (I think my Portuguese broke down entirely at that point).
My biggest tip? Be patient! And be prepared to use Google Translate. It helps. A lot.
Let's talk about WiFi. Does it work reliably?
Ah, the internet! A crucial question for the modern traveler. The WiFi was...well, it was there. Mostly. Sometimes it would be speedy and I could stream my favorite shows. Other times, it was a bit like trying to send smoke signals.
I needed to upload some photos for a blog post and it took *forever*. There were a few moments of sheer panic. Thank god for the local coffee shops with free Wi-Fi, that's all I can say. So, don't rely on it for anything super important. Keep a backup plan.
Any hidden fees or unexpected costs I should know about?
Not really. Standard hotel stuff. They did charge a small fee for a taxi transfer I requested, but it was clearly stated. I did get surprised by a few local taxes, like in most Brazilian places. Read all the fine print, but I didn’t find anything particularly sneaky.
The biggest "hidden cost" is the temptation to indulge in *all* the delicious food São Paulo has to offer. Seriously. Plan your budget accordingly! You'll need it!
Would you stay there again?
Honestly? Maybe. It’s a solid choice for the price. The location is really good, the rooms are fairly nice. I’d maybe shop around a bit first, but I don’t regret staying there. I mean, I survived, right? And I got to eat *so much* pão de queijo. That alone almost makes up for the lumpy pillows and the iffy WiFi!
Plus, hey, if you go, and you find a *really* good pastel de nata place, let me know. I'm always searching...

