
Mumbai AR Residency: Your Dream Apartment Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup! Because we're about to dive headfirst into the whirlwind that is the Mumbai AR Residency. Forget polished brochure speak, we're going for the real deal - the messy, beautiful, sometimes exasperating, always honest truth. My experience? Let's just say it was a journey, a culinary adventure, a battle with the Wi-Fi (more on that later!), and a surprisingly delightful dip in a pool with a view.
Mumbai AR Residency: Your Dream Apartment Awaits! (…Maybe?) – The Uncensored Review
Accessibility: Navigating the Concrete Jungle (and the Hotel)
Okay, so this is IMPORTANT. Mumbai, as a city, is… well, it's dynamic. And sometimes that means chaotic. So, the good news is, the AR Residency actually tries to be accessible. Elevators? Check. Facilities for disabled guests? They've got it listed, which is a good start. But let's be real, navigating Mumbai itself can be a challenge. Think bustling streets, uneven pavements…you get the picture. The hotel itself seems pretty good, but remember to check the specific needs you have and make sure. Don't be shy, call and ask detailed questions about mobility. Trust me.
Getting There & Getting Around:
- Airport Transfer: They offer it! HUGE win. Especially after a long flight. It’s worth every rupee, believe me.
- Car Park? Yup, free of charge! (And on-site!) This is a lifesaver, parking in Mumbai is, well, a nightmare, so major props.
- Taxi Service and Valet Parking: Available! (And needed, trust me)
The Comfort Zone – My Room: A Love/Hate Story
Alright, let’s talk rooms. My room? It was…there. And by "there" I mean, it had… well, most of what you'd expect, and some things that were a pleasant surprise.
- Air Conditioning: THANK GOD. Mumbai heat is no joke. You need this.
- My Bed was HUGE! And comfy! An extra long bed! And I loved the pillow.
- Free Wi-Fi (In All Rooms! …mostly): This is where the love/hate comes in. Free Wi-Fi is great! But sometimes… let me tell you… the signal felt like it was dial-up internet in 1998. I'm talking buffering videos, struggling to even send an email. Ugh. Eventually, though it generally got the job done.
- Blackout Curtains: Essential for sleeping off the jet lag, or just avoiding the harsh glare of the Mumbai sun.
- Bathroom Details: Private, with a separate shower/bathtub. Toiletries were… fine. Nothing to write home about, but they got the job done.
- Little things that made a difference: Safe in the room, a mini-bar, and a closet big enough that I didn't feel like I was living out of my suitcase.
- Soundproof? They claim it, and it was mostly true! Though, there was one night… a celebration. A VERY loud celebration. I can't blame the hotel, mind you. Mumbai lives loud.
The Amenities: Pools, Pampering, and Pizza… Oh My!
- Swimming Pool (Outdoor): Gorgeous! The pool with a view? Absolutely stunning. (And a welcome escape from the Mumbai dust!) I spent HOURS here. Heaven.
- Fitness Center: Look, I intended to hit the gym. Really, I did. But the allure of the pool bar… let's just say the fitness center and I never quite bonded. They had it, though!
- Spa/Spa/Sauna & Massage: Ah, yes. The spa. I indulged. A body scrub and wrap, oh my! Definitely made me feel human again after a week of travel. Totally worth it!
- Other relaxation things: They also had a steamroom and a foot bath. I confess to not having the time, but they WERE there!
Food, Glorious Food: A Culinary Adventure (Mostly Positive)
- Restaurants Galore: They have a few restaurants, including Asian and International cuisine options.
- Breakfast (Buffet)! Breakfast (Service)! Western Breakfast! Asian Breakfast!: Breakfast was… good. Pretty standard buffet fare, but the omelet station was a lifesaver. They have more choices.
- And the Pizza: I'd rather grab a pizza! They have a snack bar for that, right?
- Room Service (24-Hour): Yesssssss. Essential when you’re battling the jet lag and staring at the ceiling at 3 am with a craving for chips.
- Bar: They had a bar! And happy hour! Need I say more?
Cleanliness and Safety: They REALLY Tried.
- Anti-Viral Cleaning Products? Check.
- Daily Disinfection in Common Areas? Check.
- Individually-Wrapped Food Options? Check (and appreciated!).
- Staff Trained in Safety Protocol? Seemed so!
I will say, they seemed VERY serious about cleanliness. Everything felt… sanitized. Which, in the current climate, is a huge comfort.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
- Check-in/out [Express], Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Daily housekeeping: All present and accounted for. The daily housekeeping was a godsend.
- Elevator: Essential.
- Laundry Service: Brilliant! Especially for longer stays.
- Cash withdrawal: Easy.
- A Gift shop and a Convenience Store: All handy!
- Meetings and Seminars: For all those business travelers out there!
For the Kids: Family Friendly (Yes!)
- Babysitting Service? Yes!
- Family/Child Friendly? Apparently!
- Kids meal? Offered.
The Quirks, The Flaws, The Realness
Look, no hotel is perfect. Here’s the real deal:
- The Internet… still a pain.
- Lobby Atmosphere. The lobby itself felt kind of sterile. Lacking in… personality?
- Staff Service: Mostly excellent, but sometimes, the language barrier caused a slight disconnect. Nothing major, but worth noting.
My Final Verdict & a (Very) Persuasive Offer
So, would I recommend the Mumbai AR Residency? Generally, yes. It's not the Ritz, but it's comfortable, convenient, tries hard to be accessible, and has some truly fantastic amenities, especially that pool. The staff are generally friendly.
Here’s the deal:
Book your stay now at Mumbai AR Residency and receive:
- 15% off your entire stay! (Because who doesn't love a deal?)
- Complimentary breakfast for 2! (Fuel up for your Mumbai adventures!)
- Guaranteed access to the pool with stunning views.
But wait, there's more!
- For the first 10 bookings, automatically you'll get a bottle of wine delivered to your room on arrival.
Book NOW! And let Mumbai AR Residency be your home away from home!
This isn't just a hotel; it’s a base camp for adventure, a haven from the chaos, and a place to (hopefully) finally get that perfect Insta shot by the pool.
Shanghai's Hidden Gem: GreenTree Inn Near West Huaxia Rd Subway!
Alright, alright, buckle up, buttercups! This ain’t your pristine, perfectly-planned travel brochure itinerary. This is real life, Mumbai-style, and it's gonna be a hot, sweaty, samosa-fueled rollercoaster. Welcome to MY AR Residency Mumbai trip, warts and all!
Day 1: Landing in Lush & Losing My Luggage…Maybe…
Morning (6:00 AM - 8:00 AM): Okay, so I thought I could handle an early flight. Wrong. Woke up feeling like a crumpled tissue paper. Narita Airport was… well, it was an airport. Pretty sure I saw a guy in a Pikachu hat. That's a good sign, right?
Arrival (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Mumbai. The air hits you. Like, a physical wall of humidity and a symphony of car horns. The airport, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International, is actually beautiful. A far cry from Narita's sterile-ness. I navigated the immigration lines which were an eternity. Baggage claim…well, my bag seems to have taken a detour to, I don't know, the Himalayas? (Later update: Found it! Packed like a Tetris champ, thank God)
Getting Settled (11:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Found my driver, a cheerful chap named Rajesh who immediately offered me a chai. That was the first sip of life! The drive to the Residency was… an adventure. Holy cow, the traffic! Motorbikes weaving through the gridlock like kamikaze butterflies. Finally, (after what felt like an eternity) we arrive. The AR Residency looks even better in person. The lobby is gorgeous. The staff are all smiling and incredibly helpful.
Lunch (1:00 PM - 2:30 PM): First meal in Mumbai. Had to be proper. Walked a few paces to Cafe Military in Fort, a legendary place apparently. The food came quickly, which was a blessing because I was HANGRY. Ordered the Mutton Fry and a plate of rice. It was a flavor explosion! So good! That, my friends, is what authentic Indian food is all about.
Afternoon (2:30 PM - 5:00 PM): Attempted a brief nap to fight off the jet lag. Failed. Ended up staring at the ceiling fan, mesmerized. Decided to hit up the Gateway of India. Holy moly, the crowds! So many people, all buzzing with energy. The Gateway itself is more impressive in person -- a true historical monument. I may or may not have gotten a little too close to a pigeon.
Evening (5:00 PM - 7:00): Back to the Residency. Freshened up. The AC is a gift from the gods. Just soaked myself in the shower. I think I lost a layer of skin in the process.
Dinner (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Exploring again. Went to a restaurant called Trishna known for its seafood. This time I ordered the Butter Garlic Crab. Seriously, it was the best crab I've ever had. Worth the price tag!
Nightcap (9:00 PM - 10:00 PM): Walking around and watching the city lights. It's loud, it’s chaotic, it's a sensory overload. But…I'm falling in love with it.
Day 2: Dhobi Ghat and Bollywood Dreams (or, The Laundry Life & My Failed Bollywood Audition)
Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Woke up feeling a little shaky, probably from all the new food. Had breakfast at the hotel - the idli was incredible! And the coffee? Strong. A necessary kickstart for the madness ahead. Headed to the Dhobi Ghat - the open-air laundry. The scale of the operation is unreal. Imagine thousands of clothes being washed and dried and ironed, all by hand!.
- Opinionated Rant: Seriously, where are all these clothes coming from?! And the sheer efficiency is mind-blowing. They should teach this level of organization in business schools!
Mid-Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): A whirlwind tour of the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus. The architecture is stunning. It’s like stepping back in time. Took approximately a million photos that I'll probably never look at again. But hey, memories, right?
Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Found a little, hole-in-the-wall place near the station. The food was amazing, spicy!
Afternoon (1:30 PM - 5:00 PM): Bollywood! Okay, so I may or may not have envisioned myself as the next Shah Rukh Khan. Visited a Film studio near the Residency. It was a guided tour. We watched a bit of filming. It was incredible to watch from the sidelines. I asked about an audition, and was laughingly told no. So back to the real world.
Evening (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Spent some time relaxing in the AR Residency. Did some shopping. The markets are crazy busy.
Dinner (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Went to a restaurant called Masala Library by Jiggs Kalra for a fancy multi-course Indian meal. Over the top and extravagant. The presentation was a work of art; the flavors were interesting and sometimes a little overwhelming. I'm pretty sure I had a bite of something involving liquid nitrogen.
Night (9:00 PM - 10:00 PM): Back at the Residency. Watching Netflix, finally able to relax.
Day 3: Elephanta Caves and a Thousand Thoughts (and a Near Disaster with Street Food!)
Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Another amazing breakfast at the hotel. Decided to tackle the Elephanta Caves. The ferry ride was gorgeous, the sea breeze was wonderful.
Mid-Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Explored the caves. Incredible carvings. They’re old and mysterious and full of stories. The scale of the carvings is mind-blowing the intricate details were unbelievable.
Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Back on the mainland, and HUNGRY. Found a small food stall nearby. This is where things got… dicey. Ordered something that looked delicious (the stall owner convinced me it was the best thing), but I learned a hard lesson about Delhi belly. Let's just say my stomach and I entered into a temporary, very uncomfortable truce.
Afternoon (1:30 PM - 5:00 PM): Attempted to recover from my stomach encounter. The AR Residency was my safe haven.
Evening (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM): After recovering, I decided to take it easy. Grabbed some snacks and drinks.
Dinner (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM): This time, I was smart. Ate at the hotel restaurant. The food was safe and tasty.
Night (9:00 PM - 10:00 PM): Bed. Early night. Tomorrow it's back to the airport. I need to rest up because I go home now.
Day 4: Farewell Mumbai (and a Promise to Return!)
Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): One last breakfast at the hotel. I packed my bags. Checked out.
Departure (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): The drive to the airport. The usual Mumbai traffic. The airport felt strangely familiar this time around.
Flight (11:00 AM): Boarding the plane. Looking out the window, I saw the Mumbai skyline for one last time. This city is not perfect, but it is magical. I’m already counting down the days until I can come back. Goodbye, Mumbai!

Okay, seriously – is Mumbai AR Residency actually as good as the brochures make it sound? Like, *really*?
Ugh, those brochures, right? Airbrushed sunsets, happy people with impossibly white teeth… Look, I've been there. I've walked the grounds. I've even, you know, *sat* on the potential balcony of unit 12B (more on that later...). Is it *exactly* like the pictures? No. Life rarely is. But is it good? Listen, it’s pretty darn impressive. The lobby is seriously hotel-level fancy. And the views? I’m talking *breathtaking*. On a good day, when the smog isn't playing hide-and-seek, it's absolutely stunning. Honestly, on my first visit my jaw slightly unhinged, I think I actually *gasped*. So, yeah. Good. Very good, indeed.
What's the deal with the 'luxury' amenities? Are they even usable or just for show? (Pool, gym, those fancy elevators...)
Okay, this is where it gets a bit… messy. The pool? Yes, it exists. It looks lovely in the photos. In reality? Well, the first time I went, there were a dozen kids having a splash fest, which, honestly, was a bit… much for my tranquility vision. The gym? Decent equipment, nothing spectacular. It's probably more crowded during peak hours. The elevators? Fast, *mostly*. Once, yeah, the elevator got stuck between floors for like ten minutes. Me and a guy who looked like he was on an important phone call, it was awkward. But generally, yeah, the amenities are *usable*. Just manage your expectations, okay? Don't expect a private, Olympic-sized pool all to yourself every day. (Unless you get really, really lucky… or win the lottery and buy the whole place, then maybe). Think more "above average," not "perfect". The kids really enjoyed the splash fest!
Is the location convenient? Traffic in Mumbai is… you know.
Oh, the traffic. The HARSH, brutal, soul-crushing traffic of Mumbai. It's a beast, no two ways about it. And let's be honest: no location in Mumbai is truly *traffic-proof*. Mumbai AR Residency is… better than some. It's closer to certain connectivity hubs, but you still have to factor in travel time. I'm talking minimum of 30 minutes to get anywhere. Be prepared to listen to a LOT of podcasts. Seriously, bulk buy a good headphone set. I learned to appreciate the quietness of my own space. Even a bad traffic day can turn into a good one, given enough time. Honestly, I'd recommend using ride-sharing services. They're a lifesaver. But convenience in Mumbai? It's relative, my friend. It's all about the "less awful" options, rather than total perfection. Prepare for the reality of 'Mumbai time' - everything will take longer than you expect.
What kind of security is there? Is it safe?
Security is a major deal, absolutely! They put a lot of emphasis on this, and I felt relatively secure. You're talking 24/7 security personnel, CCTV everywhere (maybe a little *too* everywhere, sometimes you feel like you're being watched as you're just walking down the corridor), restricted access, the whole shebang. Package deliveries are checked thoroughly. I also found the guards to be quite polite, which is a plus. There's a certain level of comfort knowing that they take care of things and you, in turn, don't have to worry all the time. They definitely take it seriously. One thing I learned is that you can't even accidentally get in without showing your ID. It's a plus, because honestly, the security here is on point.
What are the maintenance fees like? Ouch, right?
Okay... let's talk money. Because let's be honest, that's the elephant in the room, isn't it? Maintenance fees. Yes, they're… substantial. Prepare yourself. Compared to other places, they're right up there. You're paying for, well, everything that makes the place run. The staff, the upkeep, the cleaning, the pool... it all adds up. They aren't going to break the bank if you're prepared, but they are definitely a factor. Make sure you *factor* them into your budget *before* you start dreaming of panoramic views from that balcony. Don't get caught out; that was my biggest personal fear. I got the feeling it wasn't clearly explained, by the end of the whole process I was completely exhausted. So, my advice? Ask a zillion questions about it upfront. Get it in writing. And then... try not to think about it too much after you move in. Consider it the price of paradise (or at least, pretty nice living).
Is there a specific unit that you fell in love with? Spill the tea!
Okay, alright, the real tea. Unit 12B… That's where the magic was *supposed* to happen. It had this absolutely killer view, south-facing (perfect for those Instagram sunset pics, let’s be real). The balcony was huge, *massive*. My entire vision of life at Mumbai AR Residency centered around that balcony. I could already see myself, sipping chai in the morning, reading a book in the evening... I was *obsessed*. I walked around it at least 5 times while I was there. It had a special, something I could only see in my mind, a glimpse of my new, best life. But now gets all the more absurd. The unit itself was gorgeous, well-appointed, all the bells and whistles. Everything. Perfect, really, except… Well, except the price. It was just, like, astronomically out of my reach. My dream, shattered. I came away completely gutted. I still get a pang of longing when I see pictures of it. So, yeah, 12B. The one that got away. The balcony of my dreams. Maybe one day… Maybe one day I’ll be able to afford it. Until then, I'll be living vicariously through the actual residents!
Are pets allowed? (Asking for a friend…)
Ah, the pet question! Okay, good news, mostly. Yes, Mumbai AR Residency *generally* allows pets. The brochure says they allow pets, but there are always stipulations, which, lets be honest, are the real kicker. Breed restrictions. Weight limits. And the mandatory "pet waste cleanup policy" (which, let's be honest, is a good thing). And your friend (ahem) should be prepared to comply with all the rules, of course. You'll need to check the specific rules and regulations with the management. Best thing to do isLow Price Hotel Blog

