
Luxury Getaway: Uncover the Best Western Plus Enugu!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the… well, not exactly murky waters, but definitely the slightly-less-than-perfect-but-still-pretty-damn-good waters of the Best Western Plus Enugu review. Frankly, writing a review for a hotel felt like… ugh… work. But hey, someone's gotta do it, right? Let's get this thing messy and honest, shall we?
Luxury Getaway: Uncover the Best Western Plus Enugu! - A Hot Mess of a Review (But in a Good Way)
Alright, so, Best Western Plus Enugu. The name itself… kind of screams “competent” but doesn’t necessarily sizzle, you know? Think… solid, dependable accountant but not a rockstar. Still, it’s a gateway to Enugu, and I, your intrepid (and slightly jaded) reviewer, checked in.
First Impressions (and a bit of a rant about location because, Nigeria.)
Okay, so, accessibility. That's like, a crucial thing, right? Because if it's not friendly it is a problem. I'm not sure I can give a definite yes or no to this just because I don't personally need it. But I did see an elevator, and from what I saw, the spaces were pretty wide. But I also didn't exactly spend hours checking out the nooks and crannies. Hopefully, they did enough work here for accessibility, and I don't even have to consider it much. It's a good start.
The first thing that hit me? The traffic. Enugu, like many Nigerian cities, breathes traffic. Getting to the hotel was… an experience. (Pro tip: factor in extra time. Lots of extra time.) But hey, the hotel itself, once you're finally there, is a welcome sight. The exterior… well, it’s a hotel. A modern-ish one, with a decent-looking entrance. There’s a car park [on site and free of charge]. Score! And shoutout to the valet parking. That’s luxury, people. Even if it's slightly over my budget for the week. I'm not rich y'all, but I do love some nice things.
Checking In - Smooth Sailing (Mostly)
Contactless check-in/out is a lifesaver, especially with… you know… current events. The front desk [24-hour] was efficient, if not exactly overflowing with personality. The elevator worked. That’s important. I'd hate to arrive after that traffic and then be stuck in the lobby.
My Room - The Good, The Okay, and the "Hmm…"
The room? It was okay. Clean! That’s a big win. Let's dive deep!
- The Bed: Comfy enough. Not "cloud nine" comfortable, but I slept. Bonus points for the extra-long bed! Because, let's be real, who likes dangling their feet off the edge?
- Bathroom: Separate shower/bathtub. Nice touch. The water pressure was… adequate. (This is Nigeria, remember? Low water pressure is practically an art form.) The towels were fluffy, the toiletries were… well, they were there.
- Amenities (the stuff that makes it seem boujee): Air conditioning worked like a charm (vital in Enugu’s heat). Free Wi-Fi in the room? Yes! Though the internet access – wireless was a little spotty at times. And it worked okay, not a super speedy internet. Complimentary tea and coffee maker? Always a win. In-room safe box? Check. Ironing facilities? Woo-hoo! Blackout curtains? Thank God.
- Nitpicks: The TV had a decent selection of channels. The decor was… well, it was a hotel room. Functionally neutral. Maybe a little more personality wouldn't hurt.
Food, Glorious Food (and the Slightly Less Glorious Bits)
Dining, drinking, and snacking. Oh, boy, this is where things get interesting.
- Restaurants: They’ve got a few. A la carte in the restaurant is available. And the buffet in the restaurant is good! But, the Western and International cuisine in the restaurant is what’s actually available. Honestly, the Coffee shop was better, or about the same. Not awful, but not the culinary highlight of my trip. The Poolside bar is a must too! I'd hang here for the rest of my life if I could.
- Breakfast: Free breakfast [buffet]! Big thumbs up. Western breakfast was the usual suspects: eggs, sausages, pastries. Asian breakfast and Asian cuisine in the restaurant, were… present. And the breakfast takeaway service is great too.
- Room Service: 24-hour, which is fantastic. Especially after a long day.
- Overall: The food situation is… serviceable. Not gourmet, but you won't starve. And you will be able to find something you like.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Because, luxury!)
Okay, so, what about actually, you know, relaxing?
- The Spa: Spa/Sauna, Body scrub, Body wrap, Sauna, Steamroom, Massage These are all available, and I dove right in. The massage? Pure bliss. Worth every single Naira.
- The Pool: Swimming pool? Yes. Swimming pool [outdoor]? Double yes! The pool area is lovely. The pool with view is even lovelier.
- Fitness Center/Gym : Gym/fitness. Yes indeed. I didn't personally use it, but it looked well-equipped, and yes, Fitness center is there to use.
Cleanliness and Safety - A Big Win
This is important. Rooms sanitized between stays gets a huge thumbs up. Daily disinfection in common areas. Staff trained in safety protocol. The Anti-viral cleaning products were reassuring. They're doing more than enough here. Very impressive.
- Other things: First aid kit. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Doctor/nurse on call. CCTV in common areas and outside property, as well as Smoke alarms and a Fire extinguisher All the works. I felt safe.
Services and Conveniences
This is where the hotel tries to impress.
- Goodies: Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Dry cleaning. Laundry service, Luggage storage, safety deposit boxes These are all available. Cash withdrawal, a Convenience store and Currency exchange. Nice touches.
- Business Facilities: Business facilities, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Projector/LED display. And Xerox/fax in business center. So, yeah, they cater to business travelers.
- Other: Food delivery (for when you don't want to leave the room!). Gift/souvenir shop (for that last-minute something-something!). The elevator being available again.
For the Kids (and Families)
- For the kids: Babysitting service is available. The hotel is Family/child friendly, so that's great too.
Getting Around
- Getting around: Airport transfer is available (thank goodness!). Taxi service is offered. They've got a car park [free of charge].
The Quirky Bits & Bits I Didn’t Cover
- Shrine: A shrine is present.
- Proposal spot?: A spot to pop the question? Sure, why not?
- Couple's room: Yes.
- Pets allowed?: No, pets are not allowed.
Overall Vibes
The Best Western Plus Enugu is a solid choice. It’s not going to blow your mind, but it's a reliable, comfortable base for exploring Enugu (or just getting some work done). They really do seem to have thought of everything, and that in itself is worth something.
The Imperfections: It’s not perfect. The food could be better. The internet could be more reliable. But those are minor quibbles.
Final Score: 7.8 out of 10 – A solid “would recommend” with a few caveats.
Now, for the sales pitch you've been waiting for…
Tired of the Grind? Escape to Luxury (Without Breaking the Bank!)
Luxury Getaway: Uncover the Best Western Plus Enugu!
Picture this: You, finally, actually relaxing. No more emails, no more deadlines, just you, a fluffy towel, and the promise of a fantastic massage, followed by a swim in a sparkling, outdoor pool with a view.
At the Best Western Plus Enugu, you’ll find:
- Ultimate Comfort: Rooms designed for actual relaxation, with extra-long beds (for the tall people!), blackout curtains, and all the little touches

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's polished travel itinerary. This is… me trying to survive (and hopefully thrive) in Enugu, Nigeria, based at the Best Western Plus. God help us all.
Enugu Misadventure: A Semi-Coherent Diary
Day 1: Arrival and Initial Panic (aka "Where's the Air Conditioning?!")
Morning (ish): Touchdown in Enugu. The air hits you like a warm, humid hug – which is… nice, I guess? But the moment I stepped off the plane that "okay, I'm actually in Nigeria" dread hit me hard. The immigration line was a glorious mess of pushing, paperwork, and the distinct smell of… well, let's just say a LOT of people. Finally, passport stamped! Baggage claim - another adventure. I was convinced my suitcase had been stolen by the mischievous spirits roaming the airport, but after what felt like three eternities, it emerged. Victory is mine! (For now).
Afternoon: Checked into the Best Western Plus. The lobby looks… fine? The woman at the front desk was lovely, bless her. Room? Ah, the moment of truth. Okay, it's… functional. The air conditioning, however, apparently decided to take a vow of silence. I called reception. "It will be fixed, madam." Okay, I'll cross my fingers. (Spoiler alert, it wasn't fixed. I later learned the power grid here is a capricious mistress). Spent the next hour sweating buckets and trying to unpack, feeling like a melting ice sculpture. Ended up draped in a towel, muttering about the joys of central air. Lunch: Room service. Chicken and chips. The chips were… not quite what I'm used to but it was a feast, actually.
Evening: Tried to venture out, but the heat, the dust, the general unfamiliarity of everything… I chickened out. Opted for a beer on the balcony (which, mercifully, had a breeze, albeit a warm one). Watched the city lights twinkle. The sheer noise of it all – the car horns, the music blasting from somewhere, the general hum of life… it was overwhelming and kind of beautiful, all at once. Started writing in my journal, feeling the weight of the experience settling on me. Ordered more beer. Pro tip: Bring bug spray. The mosquitoes here are not messing around.
Day 2: Into the Chaos (and a Deep Dive into Suya)
Morning: Woke up feeling slightly less like a puddle. AC still MIA. Had to shower to cool off, and the water pressure was…minimal. But at least there was water! Breakfast at the hotel? Standard continental fare (with an interesting selection of local jams that I was too afraid to try). The people at the restaurant were so lovely. They looked at me with curiosity, and smiled. Beautiful faces.
Afternoon: Decided to be brave. Negotiated a cab to the Artisan Market. Oh. My. God. The Artisan Market. It was sensory overload in the best way possible. Colorful fabrics, intricately carved wood, jewelry that screamed "Wear me!" I got completely lost in the maze of stalls, bargaining (badly – I suspect they saw me coming), and generally feeling like a slightly bewildered tourist. Bought a beautiful, handcrafted piece of art, probably for way more than I should have paid, but I don't care. It's gorgeous!
Evening: Suya Night! (The Food of the Gods). THIS IS WHERE IT GETS REALLY IMPORTANT. The best part of my journey so far! So, the concierge gave me the location- an unmarked shack off a dusty road. "The best suya in Enugu," he’d said, his eyes gleaming. He wasn't wrong. I asked the cab driver to take me to that spot on the road, and there it was, a tiny, smoky stall wafting the most seductive aroma. People were huddled, chatting, laughing, and eating. Total immersion!
- I got the Suya (spicy grilled meat, that's what it is in basic terms..). I watched him pull it from the grill. As he passed it along, I got a generous portion in a newspaper, along with some chopped onions, and then a couple of the local pepper-laced seasonings. I sat at a rickety table with some locals, and just… ate. The meat was tender, the spices were a symphony of flavors. (I had to get my mind to overcome the fact that the table had a few cracks in it, but the meat was so good!). Honestly, best meat I’ve ever tasted. And the atmosphere! Everyone was so welcoming. Sharing food, sharing stories, laughing at my (attempted) pidgin English. Felt a sense of belonging in a way I hadn't anticipated. I had another plate. And then another. I ate until my stomach begged for mercy. Absolute bliss. This experience, completely erased the bad memories of the day before. It was messy, delicious, and utterly unforgettable. I left feeling full, happy, and strangely, connected . This is the experience that I will tell everyone about. The best, the realest moment.
Day 3: Exploring (and Dealing with the Stomach of Doom)
- Morning: Woke up with a slightly rumbling stomach. Hmmm. Could it be…? (Spoiler alert: yes). Spent the morning mostly in the hotel room, re-evaluating my life choices and cursing the name of the mosquito that had, inevitably, bitten me. The AC, of course, remained its stubbornly silent self.
- Afternoon: Managed to drag myself out of the hotel (after copious amounts of Pepto-Bismol). Decided to take a taxi to the Nike Art Gallery. The gallery was excellent, but the ride there was a bit of a challenge. The roads are… not great. And a few times, I thought my taxi driver and I might go off-roading. The art itself was beautiful and really helped me connect with the beauty of the culture.
- Evening: Back in the hotel room. AC still a no-show. Seriously contemplating moving my bed to the bathroom (the tile is at least marginally cooler). Got some takeaway from a local restaurant. I now know to have some of the food prepared with less pepper. This is a learning process of course.
Day 4: Departure Hopes (and Final Thoughts)
- Morning: Packing. Trying to remember where I put all the things I bought. The hotel staff did their best to fix the air conditioning, but they also explained that it was the same for everyone in the area. This made me feel better!
- Afternoon: Airport bound (hopefully). One last desperate attempt to order a cold beverage. Maybe this time the AC in the airport will be working!
- Evening: On the plane, finally. The flight is delayed! But, hey, at least I'll be in air conditioning soon.
Final Thoughts (or, "What I Didn't Expect and What I'll Never Forget")
Enugu is… an experience. It is a place of contrasts – beauty and grit, frustration and kindness, chaos and charm, all wrapped up in a warm, humid package. The heat may have tested me, the bureaucracy might have been baffling, but the people of Enugu… they have a way of pulling you in. I will be back.
Escape to Paradise: Your Private Medieval Castle Awaits in Italy!
Luxury Getaway: Uncover the Best Western Plus Enugu! (Oh, Boy, Where Do We Even Start?)
So, is the Best Western Plus Enugu *really* "Luxury"? Because I've heard things... and some of them weren't pretty.
Okay, alright, let's be real. "Luxury" in Enugu? It depends on your definition. Coming straight from NYC, you might be side-eyeing it. Think "comfortable" with a healthy dose of "Nigerian charm." Remember that time I booked a "luxury suite" and the "rain shower" was more of a gentle mist that barely got my hair wet? Yeah, that happened. And the air conditioning? Let's just say there were days it was battling a losing war against the Enugu humidity. But… despite the wonkiness? I *liked* the hotel. It has heart. It’s… *trying*. I'd call it "aspirational luxury," if that makes sense. Think of it as a well-meaning friend who's *almost* perfected that soufflé but still needs a bit more practice.
Tell me about the food. I'm a food snob (and I'm not ashamed).
Alright, food snob, settle down. The restaurant situation is… a mixed bag. Breakfast? Expect the usual suspects: eggs, (questionable) sausages, maybe some sad-looking pastries. The coffee is… well, it’s coffee. Okay? It gets the job done. Now, the local dishes? That's where it gets interesting, and sometimes *amazing*. They had this jollof rice one day – mind-blowing. Seriously. I ate like, three plates. Then, the next day, it was... bland. What happened, chefs? It's the Nigerian lottery of cooking, y'know? Keep your expectations flexible. Go with an open mind and an empty stomach... and prepare to be pleasantly surprised (or occasionally disappointed). Seriously, the jollof rice thing still haunts me.
Is the staff friendly? Because sometimes, service can make or break an experience.
The staff? Bless their hearts. Mostly, they're lovely. Incredibly polite, always ready with a smile, and *truly* want to make your stay pleasant. There's the occasional...communication gap. You might ask for extra towels and end up with a fruit basket. Happened to me. Twice. But honestly, their genuine warmth and willingness to help more than make up for any minor misunderstandings. They are... the absolute BEST. And that’s coming from a guy who used to get *super* annoyed at slow service! They always made my stay pleasant, and I became really fond of a particular waiter who always got my coffee order right.
Okay, let's talk rooms. What's the deal? Are they clean? Are they comfortable?
The rooms… are a mixed bag, as I’ve hinted. Cleanliness is generally good, though you might find the occasional… errant mosquito. (Pack bug spray, trust me.) Comfort? The beds are decent, the internet is… functional (don't expect blazing speeds, though). One time, I was in a room with a TV that seemed to only have one channel, endlessly repeating a Nigerian music video. I watched it for, like, an hour. Then I just gave up. The bathrooms are generally fine, but as previously mentioned, the water pressure can be… unpredictable. But they ALWAYS have these cute little soaps. I took like, a million of them back with me.
What are the facilities like? Do they have a pool? Gym? Because honestly, sometimes a pool is the only thing keeping me sane.
They have a pool! It’s… not Olympic size, but it's a pool. It's refreshing, and definitely a lifesaver on a hot day. The gym? Let's just say it's… equipped. Treadmills, weights, the usual suspects. Be prepared for some of the equipment to be a little… well, used. But, it's functional. (I think I saw a weight with a crack in it one time. I still used it, what can I say?) The real star, for me at least, was the poolside bar. Cold drinks, good vibes. You could spend a whole afternoon by that pool, watching the world go by. Ah, bliss!
Location, location, location! Is it in a good spot? Is it safe? Tell me *everything*.
The location is pretty good. It's fairly central, close to some restaurants and… *things*. (Look, I’m not exactly an expert on the Enugu nightlife scene.) Safety-wise, the hotel is usually well-guarded. There are security personnel at the gate. I never felt unsafe. The surrounding area is relatively quiet. It’s not like you are surrounded by chaos. It is Enugu after all. But is it *perfect*? Nothing's perfect. Nigeria, especially, has its quirks--power outages are a thing. But that’s Nigeria, and you get used to it.
Would you actually *recommend* it? Be honest.
Hmm. Deep breath. Okay. Yes, I *would* recommend the Best Western Plus Enugu. BUT… not if you're expecting the Ritz. Manage your expectations. Embrace the quirks. Go in with a sense of humor and an open mind. It's not flawless, not by a long shot, but it's got a certain charm. I had some fantastic experiences there. I laughed, I ate some amazing jollof, I met some wonderful people. The staff… oh, the staff! They are what make it. In short, if you want a comfortable base in Enugu, with a good deal of character, give it a go. Just pack some bug spray, and maybe a backup power bank, and you’ll be fine. And remember that jollof rice anecdote!
Okay, okay, one more thing: the air conditioning. You mentioned the humidity. Elaborate. Did you ever *actually* manage to feel cool?
Oh, the air conditioning. Let me tell you a story. I checked in the first time, and the whole "luxury" thing seemed... questionable. But hey, the AC. They said it was *powerful*. Ha. The first night, I woke up sweating. Like, a *lot*. I immediately called the front desk. I spent an entire *hour* on the phone. I had to describe my symptoms. I had to explain the difference in temperature between the room and the arctic. The technician came up twice, did... something. But nothing worked. The AC was just a *suggestion* of coolness. It felt like the hotel was actively fighting me, taunting me withRoam And Rests

