
Escape to Paradise: Luxury Apartments in Budva's Pietra Mare
Escape to Paradise: Yeah, Budva's Pietra Mare Does Sound Nice… (But Is It REALLY Paradise?) - A Review From Someone Who Actually Went
Alright, buckle up, because I just got back from Escape to Paradise: Luxury Apartments in Budva's Pietra Mare, and let me tell you, the name is… ambitious. Let's be honest, "Paradise" is a hefty claim, right? But hey, I'm here to give you the lowdown – the good, the slightly-less-good, and the what-the-heck-were-they-thinking. Forget those polished, perfect hotel reviews, this is real life.
First things first: Accessibility – Can You Actually Escape?
Look, I'm not in a wheelchair, but accessibility is a big deal to me. It's the 21st century! Escape to Paradise tries. There are elevators, which is HUGE. But honestly, the information on their website regarding wheelchair accessibility is a bit…vague. They mention "facilities for disabled guests" but don't go into specifics. This is crucial if you need specific accommodations. So, call them directly and grill them on the details. Don't assume anything. Seriously, learn from my mistakes – I assumed the beach access was good, and it was a bit of a hike/climb. Not ideal after a giant breakfast.
The "Luxury" Bit: Rooms, Amenities, and the Whole Enchilada
Okay, the apartments themselves are… nice. Really nice. Clean? Absolutely. They definitely hit that "rooms sanitized between stays" mark. I'm talking pristine. Like, maybe too pristine? I'm a bit of a slob, so I felt like I was tiptoeing around a museum exhibit. The air conditioning worked like a dream in the summer heat. They have every room feature you could want – from the "complimentary tea" (which was okay, not the best) to the “extra long bed” (which was a lifesaver because I'm a giant sleeper) to the “safe box” (very important to a paranoid person like myself).
Now, about that "Luxury" tag. It's mostly true. Think:
- The View: Unreal. Picture this: waking up, stumbling onto the balcony (yes, I'm a mess), coffee in hand, and BAM! Turquoise water, the old town of Budva twinkling in the distance. Worth the price of admission alone.
- The Bathroom: Private bathrooms are all that. I was especially pleased with the "separate shower/bathtub" situation. The bathtub, by the way, was glorious. Slippers and bathrobes? Yes, please. And the complimentary toiletries were actually decent, not the tiny, stingy ones you get at some places.
- Internet Access? Yes. Free Wi-Fi in all of the rooms?! Yes. Yes! Yes, YES! Though, sometimes the internet was a bit dodgy.
- The Kitchen: They all include a kitchen so you can cook if you want.
The "Things To Do" Debacle - Or, How I Accidentally Became a Poolside King
Okay, so the hotel has a pool with a view. Now, I am a sucker for a pool with a view. It was gorgeous. Seriously, stunning. And the poolside bar? This is where it gets interesting. I spent a disproportionate amount of time here. Like, I think I may have accidentally become a fixture.
Here's the thing: I got a little too comfortable. The swim up bar was all sorts of tempting. The staff, particularly the bartender, Ivan, was an absolute legend. He remembered my name (and my slightly horrifying drink order) after the first day. He gave some of the best recommendations for things to do in town. This is where I realized the "things to do" offered by the hotel were a little… limited. The "fitness center"? Fine, I guess. I looked at some people in there. The "spa"? Tempting, but I’m a man of simple pleasures. Sauna? Steamroom? You get the picture. It was that pool, that bar, and Ivan that turned the trip from a simple vacation to a solid memory. (Side note: The food at the poolside bar? Pretty decent. Definitely try the grilled octopus.)
Cleanliness & Safety - Because, You Know, 2024
They’re taking hygiene seriously. All rooms were "sanitized between stays." I noticed the "anti-viral cleaning products," "daily disinfection in common areas." And the hand sanitizer was plentiful and available everywhere. The staff were trained in safety protocol, they followed all the hygiene certifications.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – More Than Just the Poolside Bar
- Restaurant Options: They have a few restaurants. I only ate at the poolside buffet. I can't really speak on the others.
- Breakfast: Breakfast service every day! A buffet that covers your Western and Asian breakfast needs.
- Poolside Bar: I am going to repeat it: Great food and drinks.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (or Don't)
- Concierge: They were helpful, but sometimes a bit…overwhelmed.
- Cash Withdrawal: Yes, which is a HUGE help since I never seem to have enough cash.
- Laundry: Good to have.
- Car Park: Car park [free of charge]! That helped immensely with finances.
For the Kids - Family Friendliness?
Seemed okay; not a major focus. They don't seem to have kids-specific activities or much equipment. They can do babysitting service.
The Annoyances (Because No Place Is Perfect)
- The Location: While the view is amazing, you're a bit removed from the hustle and bustle. This means a taxi or a bit of a walk to get to the central parts of Budva.
- The Price: It’s luxury. This isn’t a budget holiday.
So, Is Escape to Paradise Really Paradise?
Look, it's not perfect. I'm not sure "Paradise" truly exists, considering I got a massive mosquito bite the first night and the internet went out just when I had to log into a zoom meeting. But the views? Amazing. The rooms? Great. And, if you're looking for a laid-back, relaxing getaway, especially if you like a good pool and a strong cocktail, then yes, Escape to Paradise in Budva's Pietra Mare is definitely worth a look.
Final Verdict: 4 out of 5 Stars. Highly recommended, with a slight asterisk about the accessibility information. And definitely go say hi to Ivan at the bar.
SEO Stuff for Maximum Visibility:
- Budva Luxury Apartments
- Pietra Mare Hotel Review
- Budva Montenegro Vacation
- Hotel with a Pool with a View
- Accessible Hotel Budva
- Luxury Accommodation Budva
- Things to Do in Budva
- Poolside Bar Budva
- Escape to Paradise Review
- Free Wi-Fi Budva Hotel
- Montenegro Travel Guide

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is my trip to Apartments Pietra Mare in Budva, Montenegro, and let me tell you, it's gonna be less "smooth sailing" and more "slightly tipsy kayak adventure on the Adriatic." Grab your imaginary travel mug, because here we go…
Apartments Pietra Mare: A Budva Breakdown (aka, the plan that probably won't go to plan)
Day 1: Arrival and Adriatic Antics - Or, How I Almost Drowned My Phone in the Pursuit of Instagram
Morning (or, "whenever the hell I wake up" - let's be honest): Fly into Tivat Airport (TIV). The flight itself? Blah. Economy class is a special kind of purgatory. But! Hope springs eternal, because…MONTENEGRO! The excitement is real. The baggage carousel is not, apparently. My suitcase took a scenic tour of Europe before finally deciding to join me in Budva. (Note: I'm currently wearing the same outfit I wore to the airport. Glamorous.)
Afternoon: Taxi to Apartments Pietra Mare. First impressions? The view… swoon. The apartment itself? Clean enough. (Okay, I might have wiped down the countertops with an aggressive level of Clorox wipes. Blame it on the flight!) The balcony overlooking the Adriatic? Priceless. Spent an hour (or three) just staring at the turquoise water, letting the stress of the delayed luggage melt away. Emotional moment: The sheer beauty hit me in the gut. I might have shed a tiny tear. Don’t judge.
Evening: Hit the beach. Okay, "hit" is generous. I wobbled down the (thankfully short) hill, got distracted by a particularly handsome Croatian…(wait, Montenegrin? I'll learn the difference later), and proceeded to almost drown my phone trying to get the perfect Instagram shot of the sunset. (Verdict: the sunset won, my phone survived, my pride? Slightly waterlogged). Ended up at a beachside restaurant. Ate way too much grilled octopus. Regretted it. Didn't regret the view. (See a theme developing?)
- Rambling Moment: The food! Oh, the food! Everything is so fresh. And the local wine… let's just say I might have gotten a little… chatty… with the waiter. He probably regrets serving me. But hey, the octopus was worth it. (And the view from the restaurant was magical. I was on the beach and I had to pick myself up!)
Day 2: Old Town, New Problems (and My Ongoing Quest for the Perfect Gelato)
Morning: Explore Budva's Old Town. (Hoping to get there before the tourists get the whole town's attention, but you know how that goes.) The cobblestone streets are charming… until you try to navigate them in flip-flops. Almost ate it about five times. Worth it, though! The architecture is incredible. The little shops are tempting. The people-watching? Gold.
Afternoon: The Quest for Gelato. I swear, I've eaten gelato in every single gelato shop in Budva. Still searching for the perfect pistachio flavor. (So far, disappointment is a constant companion. But I shall persevere!) Had a ridiculously overpriced coffee at a "trendy" cafe, just to feel like a local. (Verdict: overpriced coffee, but good people-watching. Worth it.)
Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Beach time! Attempting to learn to relax. Failed miserably. Spent an hour agonizing over the placement of my beach towel. (Okay, maybe two.) Got sand everywhere. Contemplated joining a yoga class, then chickened out. Ordered a cocktail the size of my head instead. Priorities. It was a good drink. And the view was awesome.
Evening: Dinner at a localkonoba, that's what the restaurant is called. This one was recommended by a woman I met on the beach. More seafood, of course. This time, the waiter was the one who suggested the wine. He seems pleased, but I suspect I'm not really good at ordering.
Emotional Breakdown: The "I Love This" Moment: The entire day has been great, perfect, and all that. I was finally able to stop thinking and just be. I love the way the sun hits the water, the smell of the sea, the way the locals speak. It's all so beautiful, and I could stay here forever. It's just perfect.
Day 3: Kotor Bay & Coastal Mishaps - Or, How I Learned to Love (and Curse) the Buses
Morning: Day trip to Kotor Bay. (This is where the "plan" starts to unravel.) The bus ride was…an experience. Let's just say Montenegrin drivers have a different definition of "speed limit." Managed to survive. The bay itself? Breathtaking. Seriously, words fail. The mountains meeting the turquoise water… mind-blowing. Kotor Old Town is stunningly beautiful. Again, cobblestones are deadly in flip-flops.
Afternoon: Climbed a ridiculous number of steps up to Kotor Fortress. (More like clambered. It was hot. I was sweaty. I was regretting my life choices.) The view from the top? Unbelievable. Absolutely. Worth it. (My legs are screaming now though.)
Late Afternoon: Back to Budva by bus. (This time, I'm pretty sure I aged a year. The driver seemed to think rally driving was a legitimate form of public transport.) Found a new gelato shop. Finally: the perfect pistachio. Victory!
Evening: Dinner at a restaurant I stumbled upon while walking. It was nothing special, but the view from the terrace was pretty. The waiter flirted with me, or maybe I was just imagining it because I was tired. Who knows? I may have missed the best moments, but at least I'm here.
- Messy Observation: Public Transport in Montenegro: A thrilling, terrifying, and often hilarious blend of speed, questionable driving skills, and the occasional near-death experience. Embrace it. (And maybe bring a barf bag.)
Day 4: Relaxation (Maybe?), Last-Minute Adventures, and Airport Realities - Or, The Beginning of the End
- Morning: Sleeping in! (Finally!) Sipping coffee on the balcony, relishing the view. Actually, I just woke up so it's all a matter of now. I'm not planning on doing anything.
- Afternoon: Decided at the last minute to go on a boat trip. (Because, why not? YOLO, and all that jazz). Jumped into the water, the water was so cold.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Doing all the last-minute things.
- Last hours: Packing. This is when the reality starts to hit. I'm sad, but not for long. I promise to return.
- Evening: Taxi to Tivat Airport. The airport seemed smaller than before.
Day 5: The Return - Or, The Dreaded Post-Vacation Blues
- Morning: Back home. The world looks grey. My laundry pile looms. My bank account is crying.
- Afternoon: The post-vacation blues have officially hit. My Instagram feed is now a cruel reminder of the beauty I've left behind.
- Evening: Dreaming of gelato. Thinking of packing another suitcase to come back here.
And that, my friends, is my Budva adventure. This "itinerary" is a living document, subject to change (and probably will). Embrace the chaos. Embrace the mistakes. Embrace the gelato. And above all, embrace the beauty of Montenegro. Because, even with the slightly sunburned skin, the questionable bus rides, and the never-ending quest for the perfect pistachio gelato, it's worth it.
Yudali HR Motel: Pingtung's BEST Kept Secret (Luxury Getaway!)
So, "Luxury" is the word, huh? What does that even *mean* at Pietra Mare? Are we talking gold-plated toilet seats? Because I'm here for it. (And also, will they judge my questionable tan lines?)
Okay, let's be real. "Luxury" is a slippery fish in the travel world. At Pietra Mare? It's... *mostly* legit. Think: swanky furniture, the kind you'd be afraid to spill your wine on (and, let's be honest, that's a constant threat). Big balconies with *views*. Like, seriously, breathtaking views. Ocean, sunsets, the works. My friend, Brenda, actually *cried* the first time she saw it. Said it reminded her of her late hamster, Reginald, but in a good way. (Don't ask). Now, gold-plated toilets? No, sadly. But the showers? *Chef's kiss*. Big, rain-style, and powerful enough to wash away the sins of a terrible karaoke performance. And the staff? Mostly friendly. They probably see worse tan lines than yours – trust me on this one. Just don't expect them to understand your weird obsession with pineapple on pizza. That's a deal-breaker, probably.
Let's talk location. Is it *actually* "Escape to Paradise," or just "Slightly Off the Beaten Path, But Still a Hundred Euros for a Taxi?"
Okay, location. This is where it gets... interesting. Yes, Pietra Mare *is* a little oasis, perched on a clifftop. The views? Still incredible. BUT... remember that hundred-euro taxi thing? Not quite. It's more like a twenty-euro taxi, but it's because you're *walking* up a hill that makes you question your life choices. Seriously, pack comfy shoes. I swear, I once saw a woman in stilettos nearly weep. The upside? It *is* a genuine escape. Away from the hordes of tourists swarming the main drag. You feel like you’re in the secret club. Also, because everything is so uphill, your butt will look amazing by the end of the week. Silver linings! Seriously. Embrace the climb. Think of it as your daily StairMaster workout.
The Pool. The *Pool*. Is it Instagrammable? Because let's be honest, that's half the reason we're going. (And will there be enough sunbeds to avoid the "sunbed wars" of Europe past?)
The pool. Oh, THE POOL. Yes, it's Instagrammable. VERY. Infinity edge, overlooking the… you guessed it… the glorious Adriatic. The water is usually crystal clear, until some kid pees in it (it seems to be written into the travel contract, honestly). As for the sunbeds… Here’s the brutal truth: it depends. On when you go. On your skill at "strategic towel placement" (a skill I, sadly, do not possess). Peak season? Expect a fight. Seriously. I once saw a woman physically *wrestle* another for a sunbed. I kid you not. Off-season? Bliss. Abundance. You can practically build a sunbed fort. So, plan accordingly. Or, you know, just embrace the beach. The beach is always a good option. But yeah, the pool is stunning, and the cocktails they serve poolside are… *dangerous*. Deliciously dangerous.
What about the food? I'm picturing fresh seafood every night. Or are we talking airport-quality pizza and overpriced fries? (Pray for me, I'm a foodie.)
Okay, FOOD. This is another area where things get… nuanced. Fresh seafood? YES. Generally. Budva is right on the coast, so you're in luck. The restaurants in the old town, are, for lack of better word... *expensive*. But the quality is generally pretty good. Pietra Mare itself has a restaurant. It's… fine. The breakfast buffet? Pretty standard, but then again, you've had a few too many drinks the night before. Perfect for soaking up the guilt. If you’re a foodie, venture out. Explore. Ask the locals. Don’t just stick to the hotel options. You'll find some real gems hidden away. Just be prepared to eat a lot of bread -- it's a staple. Oh, and the local wine? Surprisingly good. And cheap! Stock up. Seriously. You'll thank me later. And *never* be afraid to order the grilled octopus. Trust me.
Okay, I'm sold. But what REAL problems might I encounter? (Give it to me straight, I can handle it.)
Alright, the *real* problems. Okay, here we go. Firstly: language barriers. English is spoken, but… not always fluently. Be patient. Be prepared to point and gesticulate. Secondly: the WiFi. It's… patchy. Embrace the digital detox. Or, you know, just scream into the abyss of the terrible reception, like I did a few times. Thirdly: the mosquitos. They're relentless. Bring bug spray. Industrial strength. You've been warned. Fourth: the stairs. Did I mention the stairs? They are a beast. Fifth: The noise. Even though it's an escape, some nights the noise might be a little too loud. Sixth: dealing with my own clumsy hands. I did manage to break a glass, and slightly stain a pillow. So, be ready for it. And FINALLY… you might just fall in love. With Budva. With the views. With the Aperol Spritzes. And then you’ll have to leave. And that's the real problem, isn't it?
Okay, let's get specific. Say… the air conditioning. Does it actually *work*? Because a sweaty night's sleep can ruin a vacation real quick. (And I'm a terrible sleeper.)
Air conditioning. The unsung hero of a good vacation. And the good news? *Most* of the apartments at Pietra Mare have pretty decent AC. (Emphasis on *most*. Double-check when booking, I'm just saying.) I had one apartment, though... oh, it was a nightmare. Imagine fighting a hot, sticky dragon all night. The aircon decided to take a permanent vacation, leaving me in a sweaty haze, tossing and turning until dawn. I even tried sleeping with the balcony doors open, which resulted in a visit from a particularly chatty mosquito. (And let me tell you, those Montenegrin mosquitos *do not* shut up.) I tried everything – thicker blankets, thinner blankets, even the ice packs from the minibar. Nothing worked. I ended up wandering around at 4 AM, desperate for a cool breeze. In the end, I called reception, they send the maintenance guy, and he got it running – and I slept like a baby, finally. So, yes, the AC *should* work. But, and this is a BIG but, be prepared to troubleshoot. And maybe pack a portable fan, just in case. Because a good night's sleep is worthHotel Radar Map

