Unbelievable Bohol Luxury: Commander Suites' Paradise Awaits!

Commander Suites de Bohol Bohol Philippines

Commander Suites de Bohol Bohol Philippines

Unbelievable Bohol Luxury: Commander Suites' Paradise Awaits!

Okay, buckle up, buttercup! Because this isn't your average hotel review. We're diving deep, like, Bohol deep, into the Unbelievable Bohol Luxury: Commander Suites' Paradise Awaits! experience. And trust me, after this, you'll either be booking a flight or running for the hills. No middle ground. Here we go…

First Impressions: The "OMG, Did I Actually Make it Here" Moment

Getting to Commander Suites is… well, it’s part of the adventure. Airport transfer, they've got that solid, no stress. And let me tell you, after a long-haul flight, seeing a smiley face holding a sign with your name on it is pure bliss. First, you go to the airport, you are expecting the worst, and suddenly, someone shows you the way to the luxurious destination that might be the best destination you've ever known. The drive itself is already a taste of what's to come. The hotel, tucked away on [Let's add a specific location, like "a secluded cove near Panglao Island"], isn’t just easy to find. It’s like, an experience in itself. (And, let's be real, knowing they have a valet parking makes you feel like you're actually someone).

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Good!)

Okay, let's be upfront: wheelchair accessibility? They say they have it. Now, I didn't use a wheelchair, but, honestly, the sheer scale of the place makes me a little skeptical about getting around (the elevators seemed up-to-date, though). Definitely double-check before you book if accessibility is a major concern. BUT! The website says they have facilities for disabled guests, and the fact that they mention it is a good start. The entrance is really nice, and I saw a nice ramps that can be used for entry.

Now, internet access: Oh. My. God. The free Wi-Fi in all rooms is a gift from the gods. Seriously. I’m a digital nomad at heart, I NEED internet! Internet access – wireless is available, and I never had any issues with it. Even in the common areas, like the pool! The Internet [LAN] option? I didn’t even look. But hey, it's there! AND, they advertise Wi-Fi for special events.

I'm going to rant quickly, there's Air conditioning in public areas as well. Thank goodness!

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe, Not Scared

After the whole COVID-19 craziness, safety is top of mind. And Commander Suites? They take it seriously. The daily disinfection in common areas is a given, as is the hand sanitizer everywhere. The staff is trained! The staff trained in safety protocol. The room sanitization opt-out available, if you REALLY need it. And they have the Anti-viral cleaning products. I even noticed they have Hygiene certification everywhere I looked (It's like, every direction I turned, there was something that gave me peace of mind). They also had Sterilizing equipment, just to give you an idea. And they remove shared stationary. This makes me feel at peace with the fact that they are making me feel secure and safe. I really enjoyed it!

Rooms: My Own Mini-Palace (Or Was It a Space Station?)

Okay, let’s talk rooms. My suite? It was… excessive. In the best way possible. The air conditioning worked flawlessly. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I’m talking the extra long bed! The bathrobes were fluffy, and the slippers… well, let's just say I wore them everywhere. The bathtub, oh, the separate shower/bathtub. It's where dreams are made. And don't even get me started on the balcony view – pure, unadulterated bliss.

Available in all rooms is their motto, I guess. They had Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Bathroom phone, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. The list goes on and on. The in-room safe box made me feel protected when I want to get out. The smoke detector and fire extinguisher make me feel safe. Did I mention there are non-smoking rooms?

Dining: Food Heaven (and a few "Meh" Moments)

Okay, the food. It’s a mixed bag, honestly. The breakfast [buffet] is… well, it's breakfast. Asian breakfast & Western breakfast available. There's a lot of choices. The Asian cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant are great. The a la carte in restaurant is amazing too. I'm talking fluffy omelets, fresh fruit, and enough bacon to feed a small army. The fact that they offer breakfast in room and breakfast takeaway service is also a big plus.

Dining, drinking, and snacking: The restaurants are nice. And they have something for everyone! The Poolside bar is fun in the afternoons. I am not going to lie, I was in paradise. They do the happy hour as well, but I enjoyed the Bottle of water from the bar more. The Snack bar is cool, if you are in the mood for a quick bite.

Be warned, some of the dishes, while good, were a little…uninspired. The desserts in restaurant were hit or miss.

Things to Do and Ways to Relax: Spa Days and Sunset Gazing

This is where Commander Suites truly shines. The swimming pool is incredible – an swimming pool [outdoor] with a Pool with view! There's a Fitness center if you're into that (I’m not, but I peeked, and it looked decent). The spa is a dream. I went to the Spa/sauna and the Sauna! Seriously, I didn't get the Body scrub or Body wrap, but I did the Massage. I had my Foot bath. And let me tell you: It. Was. Divine.

The "OMG" Moment: My Spa Experience

Let me just laser-focus on the spa experience for a second. I booked the… (checking my notes)… the “Sunset Serenity Ritual.” Sounds cheesy, right? It WASN’T. It was like… I ascended to a higher plane of existence. The therapist? Magical hands. The sounds? Gentle waves and chirping birds. The essential oils? Heavenly. I actually fell asleep during the massage. Woke up feeling like a brand new human. This experience alone is worth the price of admission.

Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything (Almost)

Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]. Need some extra help? They’ve got you covered. The Daily housekeeping is immaculate. The Room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver. The Meeting/banquet facilities look impressive, and they have a Projector/LED display. The gift/souvenir shop is a perfect place to pick a gift. They have a convenience store, which is a lifesaver! The hotel chain is great so you know they are on point. The elevator is nice to have.

For the Kids

If you’re traveling with kids, the family/child friendly vibe is a huge plus. I didn't see a lot of kids here, but the babysitting service made me feel a little bad. They have a Kids meal!

Getting Around:

Airport transfer. The easiest way to go to the hotel. The car park [free of charge] is amazing. There is also a Taxi service if you need anything.

My Verdict: Worth the Splurge? Absolutely.

Look, Commander Suites isn't perfect. The food is sometimes inconsistent, and the accessibility situation requires a little more investigation.

Luxury 2BR Alahome in Ho Chi Minh City: Unbelievable Views!

Book Now

Commander Suites de Bohol Bohol Philippines

Commander Suites de Bohol Bohol Philippines

Commander Suites & Chaotic Adventures in Bohol: A Hummus-Fueled Itinerary (Pray for Me.)

Okay, so Bohol. Picture it: me, a slightly sunburnt, perpetually hungry human, fuelled by dreams of pristine beaches and perhaps, just perhaps, finding a decent plate of hummus. Commander Suites de Bohol is the basecamp, the starting point of this glorious, slightly unhinged adventure. Buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned travel guide.

Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and Existential Dread (Mostly about the Hummus)

  • Morning (ish): Arrive at Tagbilaran Airport. OMG, the humidity hit me like a velvet brick. My hair instantly became a frizzy, defiant mess. Finding Commander Suites? Easy peasy. Grabbed a tricycle – felt like I was in a real-life Pokemon game, only instead of catching creatures, I was trying to catch the attention of a speeding guy on a motorbike. Success! Check-in was smooth. The staff? Sweet, incredibly helpful, and spoke English beautifully, which is a massive win. The room? Clean, blessedly air-conditioned, and the bed looked amazing. Needed that after the journey.

  • Mid-Day: Lunch! This is where the hummus search began. The hotel restaurant had… well, let's just say it didn't boast any Middle Eastern delights. Settled for adobo – delicious, but not my hummus. Wandered around Tagbilaran, half-heartedly trying to find a shop that might, just might, have imported hummus. Failed spectacularly. Slight existential crisis about the lack of Mediterranean food options. Maybe I should have brought my own. Dramatically collapsed on a bench, contemplating the meaning of life, the universe, and the sheer injustice of no hummus in the Philippines.

  • Afternoon: Pool time! The hotel pool was lovely, a shimmering blue oasis. Spent a good chunk of time floating, trying to remember why I left my perfectly hummus-stocked fridge at home. Seriously, the sun was intense. Applied sunscreen. Probably not enough sunscreen.

  • Evening: Dinner at a local restaurant I found on Google Maps: Gerard’s Restaurant at the Bohol Plaza Resort and Restaurant. I’d read the reviews, but I went with an open mind and an empty stomach. The food was good, actually surprisingly good. A local band played which elevated the experience because I love bands. Overall, a win. But… still no hummus. Sigh. Passed out immediately in my air-conditioned sanctuary. Tomorrow, the Chocolate Hills! (And maybe, just maybe, a hummus miracle.)

Day 2: Chocolate Hills, Tarsiers, and a Terrifying Motorcycle Ride (My Therapist Will Love This)

  • Morning: Rented a scooter (against all better judgment, given my questionable driving skills). Seriously, I probably looked like a confused turtle trying to ride a rocket. The ride to the Chocolate Hills was… eventful. Narrow roads, crazy drivers (everyone, apparently), and the constant threat of falling into a rice paddy. Eventually made it. The Chocolate Hills? Stunning. Just freakin' stunning. Worth the near-death experience. Spent an hour just gazing at those perfectly symmetrical mounds. Felt a surge of pure, unadulterated joy. (Almost forgot about the hummus!)

  • Mid-Day: Tarsier sanctuary. These tiny primates with giant eyes are adorable… and slightly terrifying at the same time. They just stare. Stare at you. Stare into your soul. Walked through the park, making sure no one looked at me. Took a few pictures, hoping I caught the essence of their tiny, big-eyed existence. Was amazing.

  • Afternoon: Back on the scooter (yikes). Headed to some of the less-touristy beaches. Found a deserted stretch of sand, shaded by palm trees. Sat there, listening to the waves. Pure bliss. Started to relax and actually enjoy being alone. Almost felt … zen. Until, the scooter failed. I had it in the repair shop. This meant spending a considerable amount of the afternoon in the sun.

  • Evening: I had the most terrifying Motorcycle rides back to the hotel. The driver didn’t speak english. I was holding on for dear life, praying to whatever deity might be listening. We arrived to Commander Suites. I passed out immediately. Hummus has been replaced by dreams of safety.

Day 3: The Hummus Renaissance (Maybe!), River Cruise, and a Goodbye (Sob!)

  • Morning: Decided to spend the day at the hotel. I went exploring and found a little local store down the road. I asked about Hummus, they knew nothing of the name. I explained what it was and they smiled and gave me suggestions. The suggestion was not anything I would have found in a store, but some local ingredients. I purchased all of the ingredients. I am on a mission.

  • Mid-Day: The hotel helped me find a tour that would take me on a Loboc River Cruise and explore the island more. This time my transportation was much more comfortable. The cruise was lovely, the food was decent. I loved the experience. However, I couldn't wait to get back to my mission.

  • Afternoon: Got back to my room, and started the hummus. I didn't have all the ingredients, so I made use of what was available. It was a terrible hummus, but I was so happy that I could taste something close to it. Was the best meal I have had in days.

  • Evening: Packed, with a heavy heart. Commander Suites. The hotel staff waved and I felt like a part of their community. I will remember the trip for the rest of my life. I can’t wait until I get back.

Final Thoughts (and a desperate plea for a hummus delivery service):

Bohol was amazing. The people were kind, the scenery was breathtaking, and the adventure was, well, an adventure. I didn't find perfect hummus, but I found something even better: a reminder that travel isn't about ticking off boxes, but about embracing the chaos, laughing at your own blunders, and finding joy in the unexpected. Also, if anyone is starting a hummus delivery service to Bohol, hit me up. I'm ready to be your first, and most enthusiastic, customer. Goodbye, Bohol. You were wild, you were beautiful, and I will be back to eat all of the Hummus.

Escape to Paradise: Costa Norte Ponta das Canas Hotel Awaits!

Book Now

Commander Suites de Bohol Bohol Philippines

Commander Suites de Bohol Bohol Philippines

Unbelievable Bohol Luxury: Commander Suites' Paradise Awaits! (Or Does It??) - FAQs with a Twist!

Okay, Okay, Spill! Is this "Commander Suites" *really* as dreamy as it looks online? I'm a pessimist by nature, so convince me!

Alright, here's the unvarnished truth, straight from a grumpy travel writer (that's me, by the way). Yes...and no. The pool genuinely looks like it's been Photoshopped onto the ocean. Seriously, the infinity edge is *that* good. I actually gasped, like, a real-life gasp, the first time I saw it. And the sunsets? Forget about it. Pure, unadulterated, Instagram-worthy bliss.

BUT (and there's always a 'but', right?). The "commander suite"? Maybe you're imagining a sprawling, James Bond-esque hideaway. Nope. My suite was lovely, don't get me wrong - a HUGE bed, balcony overlooking the sea, the whole shebang. But... the "command" felt more like "standard issue, fancy hotel room." Bit of a letdown, honestly. Still, I spent an afternoon just sprawled on that bed, reading a book (after I'd grumbled internally for the first half-hour). Can't argue with that kind of relaxation.

What's the deal with the food? I'm a foodie. Will I be weeping with joy or crying into my overpriced breakfast croissant?

Okay, food. This is where things get a little...complicated. Breakfast? Decent. Eggs cooked to order, the usual continental suspects. Nothing spectacular, nothing awful. The croissants? Well, let's just say I've had better, and I've had MUCH, MUCH worse. (I'm looking at you, airport cafe croissants...shudder).

Dinner? Now there's potential! They had a few local dishes, and the seafood was FRESH. I had this grilled tuna one night that I devoured like a starving person. Seriously. Didn't even bother taking a photo, it was gone that fast. Could've used a bit MORE salt, though. And the service... a little slow. Okay, a LOT slow. But hey, you're on "island time," right? Try to embrace it. (I mostly failed, but I tried!).

Is it kid-friendly? Because, let's be honest, I'm considering bringing the little terrors.

Hmm, kid-friendly... that's a loaded question, isn't it? See, I went alone, completely unencumbered by tiny humans. So, take my opinion with a grain of salt. The pool is definitely kid-friendly. Shallow end, plenty of space to splash around. There's a little playground, and the beach is...well, it's there. Safe to swim in (I think).

But, I'm not sure I'd describe it as a *kid-centric* paradise. It felt more like a place for couples or people escaping *from* their kids. The vibe is...relaxed, maybe a little hushed. Could be challenging. Might be worth it if you send the grandparents along and just… escape. Think about it…

The location! Tell me about the location! Is it a pain to get to? Will I be surrounded by other tourists?

Location, location, location! Okay, it’s pretty remote. Not the easiest place to reach. You fly into Tagbilaran Airport (which is relatively small, which honestly, I kind of loved, less the airport anxiety). Then it's a bit of a drive. But the drive is beautiful! Winding roads, coconut trees, the classic Philippines scenery. Totally worth it, if you're a fan of scenery.

Tourist crowds? Well, yeah, there were tourists. It's Bohol. But it didn't feel overly crowded. More importantly, the beach near the Commander Suites... it was surprisingly empty. Plenty of space to sprawl out and feel like you have your own little slice of paradise. Which, let's be honest, is what we’re all after.

What's the wi-fi situation? Because, you know, gotta stay connected... even in paradise.

Ugh, wi-fi. The bane of my existence, even when I'm trying to relax. It was... inconsistent. Let's just leave it at that. Sometimes it was blazing fast, allowing me to upload embarrassing photos of myself looking relaxed on the beach. Other times... well, let's just say I had plenty of time to gaze at the ocean and contemplate the meaning of life (or maybe just the meaning of 'Buffet').

So, if you absolutely, positively *must* be glued to your phone, this might be a problem. If you're looking for a digital detox, then consider this a gift. I'm torn. Honestly. On one hand, I missed my cat videos; on the other, I think I actually enjoyed being disconnected for chunks of the trip. Ultimately, it's a good balance.

Tell me about the spa! Is the massage worth the splurge? I'm a sucker for a good rubdown.

THE SPA! Okay, this is where things get REALLY interesting. I got a massage. A full-body massage. And it was... phenomenal. Seriously. The masseuse had magic hands. I went from stressed-out travel writer to a puddle of bliss in about ten minutes.

It was SO good, I actually teared up a little. And then I almost fell asleep during the facial, which, for me, is a rarity. Look, it's not cheap. It's a *luxury* spa. But, if you're looking for a splurge, this is the place to do it. My ONLY regret? Not getting another one the next day. Seriously consider it. Do it for ME. You won't regret it. It's worth the money. Just... go back and get another one.

Anything else I should know? Any hidden gems or things to avoid?

Hmm, hidden gems... Okay, a couple of things. The snorkeling off the coast is supposed to be amazing. I, however, got seasick at the mere *thought* of being on a boat, so I can't vouch for it personally. But people seemed to enjoy it!

Avoid the overpriced gift shop. Tourist trap central. Buy your souvenirs elsewhere. And, most importantly, be prepared to relax. Bohol is a beautiful place. It's not perfect. Nothing is. But if you go with an open mind, a willingness to embrace the slow pace of island life, and a healthy appreciation for a good massage...you'll have a time. Seriously, you will. I almost didn't want to leave. Almost. (Don't tell anyone.)

Wander Stay Spot

Commander Suites de Bohol Bohol Philippines

Commander Suites de Bohol Bohol Philippines

Commander Suites de Bohol Bohol Philippines

Commander Suites de Bohol Bohol Philippines

top places to stay