
Unbelievable CLOUD No3 Views: Interlaken's Hidden Gem Revealed!
Unbelievable CLOUD No3 Views: Interlaken's Hidden Gem Revealed! – A Review From Someone Who's Been Up There (And Down Too Much Chocolate)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I've just survived… I mean, experienced the CLOUD No3 Views in Interlaken. And let me tell you, it’s a wild ride. Forget those perfectly curated Instagram posts; this is the real deal, the messy, the beautiful, the “did I seriously eat that many chocolate-covered strawberries?” kind of real.
Accessibility: The Ups and Downs (Literally)
First things first: Interlaken is gorgeous, but it ain’t exactly flat. Getting to the CLOUD No3 is an adventure in itself, and while they boast Facilities for disabled guests (which is awesome!), I didn't personally assess the granular details of Wheelchair accessible stuff beyond a quick glance. I'll be honest: I was too busy gaping at the view to notice every single ramp. But hey, they have an elevator, which is a massive win. Finding the best route there from Interlaken is best done via the front desk. On-site accessible restaurants / lounges - Again, more verification needed. Getting Around:
- Airport transfer: I didn't use this, but it's there. Score!
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Valet parking: Massive plus. Parking in Interlaken can be a nightmare. Having options? Big win. My rental car actually made it. Slightly scared.
- Taxi service, I did use this. Easy-peasy.
- Car power charging station Great if you have an EV.
Cleanliness and Safety: Germaphobe's Delight (Almost)
Okay, let's talk about the stuff that really matters these days. This is where the hotel really shines. They practically bathe you in sanitizer.
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, every single one of these options gives me peace of mind.
- Hygiene certification: Yay!
- Individually-wrapped food options: Thank goodness.
- Rooms sanitized between stays, YES!
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Good on ya, CLOUD No3.
- Sterilizing equipment: (Shaking my head at the thought of it. No, actually it's a good thing.)
- Safe dining setup: Very important.
- Safe dining setup: Essential
- Hot water linen and laundry washing: Nice.
- Hand sanitizer: Found everywhere.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They try, mostly.
There is an option to opt-out of room sanitization, so if you have a preference in that regard, it is very considerate of the hotel, but I am not sure why you would. I am impressed with their COVID-19 protocols.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Prepare to Gain a Pound (Or Three)
This is where I REALLY got down to business. I mean, Interlaken is all about the chocolate, and the CLOUD No3 doesn't disappoint (in some ways…).
- Restaurants, Coffee shop, Snack bar, Poolside bar, Bar: Options galore! Prepare your liver and your wallet. It is expensive.
- Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast: The breakfast buffet was… well, it was an experience. The sheer volume of food! I wandered around like a stunned cow, piling my plate with everything from croissants (perfection) to… I think it was some sort of pickled fish. Let’s just say I stuck to the pastries and coffee.
- A la carte in restaurant
- Bottle of water, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant: Yum.
- Room service [24-hour]: Perfect for those late-night chocolate cravings (guilty).
- Happy hour: Yes, please!
My one issue? I had some seriously expensive water.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax: Spa Day, Anyone?
Okay, so the views are INSANE. Seriously. Like, postcard-worthy in every direction. But what about the chill factor?
- Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view, Sauna: I didn’t visit the spa, I confess! The hotel boasts a pretty amazing set of features though.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: I hear good things.
- Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage: Ahhh, yes. I am in. I didn't, but I did consider it, deeply.
- Ways to relax: They get it.
Services and Conveniences: Everything You Could Need (And Some You Didn't Know You Did)
- Concierge, Doorman: Top-notch.
- Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Luggage storage: Convenient.
- Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Safety deposit boxes: Essential.
- Convenience store, Gift/souvenir shop: Tempting…
- Elevator: Thank the Swiss gods.
- Meeting/banquet facilities, Business facilities, Seminars, Meetings: If you must work.
- Air conditioning in public area: A blessing.
For the Kids: (I Didn't Bring Any, But Still…)
- Babysitting service: Helpful.
- Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Sounds great.
Available in All Rooms: Comfort and Convenience
The rooms themselves? Well, let's be honest, you're not going to spend that much time in them, with views like that outside.
- Air conditioning, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Desk, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Mini bar, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Slippers, Smoke detector, Telephone, Toiletries, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: All the essentials.
- Additional toilet: If you have this option (some rooms) - very nice!
- Alarm clock: Did I need it? No. Did I use it? No.
- Bathrobes, Slippers: Luxurious.
- Bathtub, Shower, Separate shower/bathtub: Okay, I didn't have a bath.
- Carpeting: I like a carpet.
- Closet: To hide all the chocolate wrappers.
- Extra long bed: Perfect for stretching out after a day of hiking… or eating.
- High floor: Definitely aim for one!
- Interconnecting room(s) available: Good for families.
- Internet access – LAN: I didn't try.
- Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free]: Worked perfectly.
- Ironing facilities: God bless.
- Laptop workspace: If you must.
- Linens, Towels: Good.
- Mirror: For admiring the view… and occasionally, your reflection.
- Non-smoking rooms: Thank you!
- On-demand movies: Didn't need 'em.
- Reading light: For reading those incredibly helpful travel guides.
- Scale: Uh oh…
- Seating area, Sofa: Cozy.
- Smoke detector: Safe.
- Socket near the bed: Essential for charging your phone (and taking even MORE photos).
- Soundproofing: Important, for when you are over-eating and start to sweat.
- Umbrella: Always a good idea in Interlaken.
- Visual alarm: A good idea, too.
The Odd Stuff (That Still Matters):
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property: Good.
- Check-in/out [express, private]: Efficient.
- Couple's room: Romantic.
- Exterior corridor: Didn't notice.
- Fire extinguisher: Safe!
- Front desk [24-hour]: Always.
- Hotel chain: Dependable.
- Non-smoking rooms: Phew.
- Pets allowed unavailable: Sorry, Fluffy.
- Proposal spot, Room decorations: Ahem.
- Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms: Safe!
- Soundproof rooms: Always appreciate it.
- Shrine: Seriously?
- Smoking area: For the brave.
**My
Guwahati's Dream Homes: Discover Lily Homes!
(Disclaimer: This itinerary is designed to be a fun, messy, and subjective rendering of a trip. Actual experiences may, and likely will, differ.)
CLOUD No3: Interlaken – A Swiss Adventure (or, How I Almost Died of Cheese and Altitude)
Preamble: The Swiss Dream… or Just a Very Expensive Picnic?
Right, so Interlaken. Everyone says, "Oh, it's the adventure capital! Thrilling!" I pictured myself, you know, gracefully repelling down a cliff face, conquering a mountain bike trail, maybe even just looking vaguely competent on a paddleboard. The reality? A slightly breathless, perpetually hungry human being who's mostly excited about the chocolate. Let's be honest. And cheese. Oh, the cheese.
Day 1: Arrival and Altitude Adjustment (aka, Finding My Bearings and the Nearest Chocolate Shop)
- Morning (or, The Jet Lag Monster): Landed in Zurich. Gorgeous airport. Everything works. Too perfect. Felt a creeping sense of… wrongness. Took the train to Interlaken. Scenery? Unreal. Like, postcard levels of unreal. My jaw actually dropped. Twice. Once for the mountains, once for the realization that I'd left my charger in the luggage compartment right after they closed it. Sigh.
- Afternoon: The Great Lodge Scramble: Checked into CLOUD No3. It was… fine. Clean. Cozy. But then I tried to figure out the coffee machine. It looked like a prop from a sci-fi movie, and I swear, I think I almost set off the fire alarm. (Okay, maybe that’s embellishment, but the smoke alarm definitely blinked at me suspiciously). Finally got coffee. Needed more coffee.
- Late Afternoon: Chasing Chocolate: First mission: find the best chocolate in Interlaken. This is important! I wandered, slightly lost and with rapidly depleting energy reserves (thanks, jet lag!), before stumbling into… a chocolate shop! The smell… glorious. Bought a Toblerone. Ate half of it before making it back to the lodge. Okay, more like three-quarters. Judge me.
- Evening: Fondue Fiasco: “Let's have fondue!” my travel buddy (let's call her "Susan," because she's definitely named Susan) announced. Sounded romantic, right? Picture this: Mountains framed by candles, crackling fire, me triumphantly dipping bread into… a pot of molten cheese. But… I underestimated the cheese. The power of the cheese. I think I ingested my own body weight in cheese. I swear I started to become cheese. I spent the rest of the evening questioning my life choices while trying not to fall asleep in the chair. The altitude didn’t help, to be honest.
Day 2: Adventures (and Misadventures) in the Mountains
- Morning: The Hardest Hike Ever (and I'm Including the One Up the Stairs): Susan, being the annoyingly athletic type, insisted on a "gentle" hike. Gentle, as in, straight up a mountain. Turns out, my "gentle" strolls to the fridge don’t adequately prepare one for altitude and inclines. I may or may not have whined. A lot. The views at the top, though, were genuinely breathtaking. I rewarded myself (and Susan) with a chocolate bar. Apparently, there is always time and a place for chocolate
- Afternoon: Paragliding – Or, How I Briefly Lost My Mind and My Lunch: Okay, so… paragliding. Initially, I thought, "I can do this! I'm adventurous!" Then, I was strapped into a harness, gazing down at the sheer drop, and my internal monologue switched to, "Oh. Oh dear God. Why?" The experience was, to put it mildly, terrifying. But also… utterly amazing. The feeling of soaring, the view… it was incredible. And yes, I screamed. A lot. But I also laughed. And I didn’t lose my lunch (miracle). The wind was so strong, I swear I saw a cow sneeze.
- Evening: Seeking Serenity (and More Cheese): Needed recovery. Wandered around the town a bit, trying to find a place to relax. It wasn't that the adrenaline was still pumping, it was that I had to remember what I was supposed to do after the paragliding. Found a quiet cafe with hot chocolate and a slice of… wait for it… cheese cake. My tastebuds are officially Swiss.
Day 3: Waterfalls and Wonders (and Maybe a Bit More Chocolate)
- Morning: The St. Beatus Caves and Waterfalls – Tourist Trap or Treasure? Okay, initially? Tourist trap vibes. But then, I walked into those caves, and they were legitimately stunning. Cool, dark, echoing. The waterfalls were powerful and beautiful. I briefly considered becoming a cave dweller. Then I remembered I get claustrophobic in elevators. So, uh, no.
- Afternoon: Lake Thun Cruise - A Day of Gentle Beauty: We hopped on a boat and drifted on the lake. It was really beautiful, but I couldn't focus. I kept wondering if there was a boat specifically for people who'd eaten too much cheese. The lake was stunning, though. Really, really stunning. The water was crystal-clear, the mountains rose up around us, and I even saw a swan. A REAL swan. I could have stayed there forever. But again, I was still hungry.
- Late Afternoon: Another Chocolate Shop! (Yes, Really): Did I mention chocolate? Because, yes. Found a different chocolate shop. The first one had seemed almost too sophisticated. This one offered a sense of comfort. I got a box of truffles. Don’t judge.
- Evening: The End of the Adventure (and the Beginning of Withdrawal): Dinner at a local restaurant. Tried (yet again) not to overdo the cheese. Failed. Packed my bags, feeling equal parts exhausted and exhilarated. Interlaken, you magnificent, cheesy, adrenaline-pumping creature, I think I really liked you. Already experiencing chocolate withdrawal.
Day 4: Leaving and Looking Forward to the Next Adventure
- Morning: Last Chocolate, Last Views and the Departure: I tried to fit in just one last Toblerone before heading to the train. The scenery was amazing! Still stunning even after a week, my mind decided to work and I managed to get some amazing views.
- Afternoon: Departure: Arrived at the airport, my legs are sore, my wallet is empty, but my heart is full. And, yes, I bought more chocolate in the duty-free shop.

Unbelievable CLOUD No3 Views: Interlaken's Hidden Gem (Maybe?) – Your Burning Questions Answered!
Okay, so what *is* this "Cloud No3" everyone's raving about? And is it worth the trek?
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because Cloud No3 (or "Wolzenalp," if you wanna be all official) is basically a viewpoint perched high above Interlaken. Picture this: you're dangling your legs over the edge (metaphorically, hopefully, unless you're *really* brave) and staring out at the vast, glorious, postcard-perfect scenery. Jungfrau, Eiger, Mönch... the whole darn gang of Swiss Alps are gonna be your new best friends. The trek? Well, that's where things get... interesting. Honestly? It *is* worth it. For the photos alone. But get ready to work for 'em.
Is the hike HARD? I'm not exactly Bear Grylls, more like... Lazy Sloth.
Okay, listen, the Lazy Sloth in me gets it. It's not a walk in the park, let's be honest. It's *uphill*. A lot. The trail is classified as 'moderate', which is code for 'you'll feel it'. I remember one time, I started with *such* gusto, practically bounding up the first twenty minutes. Then my lungs decided they'd rather be elsewhere. I had to stop like every five minutes to gasp and try to pretend I wasn't dying. I saw a tiny, ancient woman, wearing a floral dress and carrying a *walking stick*, practically skipping past me. Humiliating. So, yeah, bring water. And snacks. Lots of snacks. And maybe some ibuprofen for your inevitably sore muscles. Seriously, you WILL feel it. But hey, you’ll have earned that view. (And you can brag about it later!)
Can I take the bus/cable car/some kind of cheat-y mode of transport up, or am I stuck hoofing it?
YES! Thank the Swiss efficiency gods! You can actually take a bus *part* of the way. This shaves off a chunk of the climb. Then you STILL have a hike. You can't totally cheat your way to the top. There's no cable car, because, as I heard the locals whisper in hushed tones, "That would ruin the *experience*." So, no matter what, be ready to stretch those legs!
How long will the hike take? I have a Netflix queue to conquer, people.
Well, this depends on your level of sloth-like tendencies. If you're a seasoned hiker, you might zip up in a couple of hours. If you're like me, and frequently require scenic breaks to "admire the flora" (read: catch your breath), it could take closer to *forever*. Let's say, plan for a solid 3-4 hours uphill, and maybe 2-3 hours to stumble back down (depending on how quickly you're trying to escape the memory of the climb). Factor in snack breaks, Instagramming the views (because, duh), and the potential for a moment of existential crisis when you wonder why you're putting yourself through this – and you'll be doing good.
Is the view *truly* "unbelievable"? Because I've seen a lot of "unbelievable" views that were, frankly, a bit "meh."
Okay, real talk. "Unbelievable" might be a *slight* exaggeration. But it's damn close. The panoramic vista takes your breath away, literally. It's like someone turned up the saturation on real life. I remember the first time I saw it, I actually teared up a little. Not because I was tired (okay, maybe a little), but because it was so… *everything*. The scale of the mountains, the turquoise lakes far below, the tiny little villages that looked like they were plucked from a fairytale... It's a good 'meh', though. It's a "meh" you'll take photos of for days.
What should I pack? (Besides, you know, water and snacks... I'm not a TOTAL idiot.)
Alright, smarty pants! Beyond the obvious (water, snacks, sunscreen, comfortable shoes), here's the *real* deal packing list:
- Layers, layers, layers! The weather can change faster than my mind on a caffeine rush. A waterproof jacket is your best friend.
- Sunglasses! The sun's glare is intense up there. You'll be squinting at the views otherwise.
- A hat! For sun protection, and looking stylish, duh.
- A phone charger/portable power bank! You WILL take a million photos, and your battery will drain faster than you can say "Swiss Alps."
- Cash! Because sometimes, those tiny mountain cafes only take the good stuff.
- A camera! Seriously. You'll regret it if you don't take one. (I do wish I had a *better* camera than my iPhone sometimes.)
Are there facilities (toilets, food, etc.) at the top? I'm a princess/prince when it comes to that stuff.
Okay, so this is where the "hidden gem" thing comes into play. Cloud No3 is more rustic than ritzy. There might be a VERY basic cafe at the top. Think: sandwiches, coffee, and possibly the most overpriced slice of cake you've ever seen. Definitely use the bathroom *before* you start the hike. (Or embrace the great outdoors if you're feeling particularly adventurous.) I'm not gonna lie I had to go once, and it was a bush and a quick prayer to the landscape gods. Not the most glamorous experience, but hey, the view made up for it.
What’s the best time of year to visit?
I'd say Spring or Fall are your best bets. Summer is peak season, so expect crowds! Also, the summer heat can make the hike feel brutal. Winter is out unless you are a hardcore skier or snowshoer. Spring and Fall have the best weather/crowds mixture, in my opinion. I went once at the end of September, and the leaves were turning gold, and everything was crisp and perfect. It was so beautiful, I almost forgot about the burning in my quads. Almost.
Any tips for making the hike easier?
Stay Mapped
